Tuesday, July 24, 2007

BLESSING DAY

Isaac was blessed in church on July 1st. It was a really great experience. It was really nice to have both of our parents (plus Bry!!!) in town. We went out to eat a few times and did some things locally. If you've ever been to Lansing, you'd know it's slim pickins' to find things to do. Sean wanted to bring Bry to the local zoo. I refused to go, ever since my encounter with the lion that lives at the zoo. I normally do not refuse to do much, but for some odd reason, the last time I went, that lion gave me the creeps. It roared so loud at me and just stared me down the entire time I was near its cage!! Call me crazy, but when there's only a piece of glass separating me for a GINORMOUS lion it really scares me. What's gotten into me?!?! I just didn't trust the situation at hand. The Park is free, the animals all looked like they were starving, half of them looked beaten up, and I'm sure I looked like dinner. Anyways, Isaac had quite the weekend with everyone. He was pooped by the end of the weekend as you can see in the picture where he fell asleep just sitting on my lap. His blessing outfit was hand-sewn in Venezuela and we got the booties while we were in Italy last year. What a doll!!




1 comment:

Brynn said...

What a sweet little guy! I was glad to see you guys are bloggers! We have one too...br2stewarts.blogspot.com ! We'll be back in Michigan in a couple of weeks and are really looking forward to it!