Thursday, September 20, 2007

"CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER?" Part ONE of my latest daydream


What would it be like to have a lawn? Wouldn't it be nice to have a maid? If I could have one wizarding power (like Harry Potter) which would I want? If I could go on a vacation right now, where would it be? What would it be like if I got 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep?


Perhaps you don't have these same daydreams, but I would hope that you at least take a few seconds out of your day to imagine something. Even if it is, "Oh, I would love to go out to eat tonight! And if I could, I would go to...fill-in-the-blank." But ever since I've been a mom (a whole 5 months) I've had one reoccuring daydream. How many of you mothers/fathers have had a sleeping child in the car and have just ONE MORE errand to run? And if you don't run that errand, it will be yet another day that you didn't get it done. Like, mailing a package. If you don't get it sent out, then it will be another day late! But in order to mail a package, you HAVE to go inside, which means you have to turn off the car which means the kid(s) wake up. Aside from my point I'm getting to, I have found a miraculous post office here in Lansing that is a DRIVE THRU!! Yes, you heard me right. How sweeeet is that? If you have interesting drive thrus in your town, post a comment and let me know!!


Which brings me to my latest daydream. I think every store/shop should have to have a drive through. Clothing store? Drive thru. Grocery store? Drive thru. Target? Drive thru. Would this not be the best thing ever??? I think so.

1 comment:

Allery said...

I totally agree!! The whole reason why I go to Walgreen's to get my prescriptions? It has a drive-thru!! Why do I never go to Subway, when in the last place I lived I frequented it? They don't have a drive thru!! Amen to that Jeannette!!! :)