


The latest of the many "hey, you know who you look like?" comments I get. This one came from Sean as I was waiting for Grey's Anatomy to start. Ugly Betty was wrapping up and he stopped in front of the T.V., turned to me, looked back at the T.V. and then turned to me again. I knew where this was going. He then said, "Hey! She kind of looks like you!" Eeeeexcellent. So romantic.
And while I wanted to argue his point, I couldn't help but laugh. It's true! Many of you did not habe the privilege of knowing me circa 1990. I can definitely see myself looking like Miss Betty herself. Glasses, horrible bangs (I never managed to master the fan bangs) unplucked eyebrows and dark straggly hair. Oh, and I didn't have braces, I had a retainer.
Who else do people think I look like? My first driver's license was the spitting image of a Native American...boy. Nobody ever told me that, thank goodness, I just noticed it myself. I've heard Sandra Bullock (at least my sisters think that) but they see me more of the Sandra Bullock in Love Potion #9---you know, the movie where she TOO is a geek with glasses, horrible hair and so on.. There is a trend happening here folks.
And then there was Grandma Larsen's comment. "You remind me of....of....of....Halle Barry! Yeah, that's her!" Maybe she was thinking of Holly Harry or Malle Zarry, but Halle Barry is gorgeously brown, has a make up commercial for Revlon and has a star on the walk of fame in Los Angeles. I might have to argue that one Grandma! :O)I honestly gasped when I found the picture of Sandra Bullock because it really REALLY REALLY looks like me, ask my sisters. I was laughing so hard! Anyway, thought you'd enjoy!
7 comments:
That picture of Sandra Bullock is too funny!! The mouth even matches! I think you should do your hair like hers and find those old pair of glasses and take a picture of yourself just to show how closely you resemble her! :) Too Cute! Love the new soup eatin pics of Isaac, too!
That is hilarious. I wouldn't have thought you looked like Ugly Betty...NO no no. When we were in Europe, some Brits that we traveled with in Greece thought Brian looked like a cross between Ben Affleck and Tom Hanks. Hmmm...
This post is so hilarious! I would love to see your first drivers license! So, did you ever watch the reality show On The Lot? It's like American Idol, only for wannabe movie directors. Anyway, there was a contestant on there that totally looked like you (only she had short hair). She was a hip Italian girl, and I think she was from NY. Crazy!
The only difference between you and your supposed look-a-likes is that you happen to be gorgeous! The two people I always get accused of looking like is Diana from Anne of Green Gables and the brown haired "ugly step sister" in Ever After. At least she was the nice one. I never get accused of looking like the star, it's always the frumpy brown haired girls...ugh. Ah well, at least I can say I look like a movie star :)
Oh, and I forgot to tell you that Chris was always told that he looked like Drago, the Russian boxer from one of the Rocky movies. This was pretty accurate especially when he was super skinny on his mission in Ukraine.
What's scary is how much your pictures growing up look like Sandra Bullock, like in the opening credits of 2 Weeks Notice, they could've been your pictures!
No, you're so much prettier! A few weeks ago some of the YW were talking about how pretty we thought you were and how much we missed you :)
Post a Comment