Sunday, December 02, 2007

BIBBER BOY

Isaac is officially a bib boy, or in other words...a "bibber." I've finally figured out that during this teething process it's best to put a bib on for the entire day than to go through 5 outfits that are soaked with drool and spit up. And unfortunately with the weather being in the 20's, the drool mess turns into frozen drool mess when we go outside(outside meaning the 10 second walk to the car.) Oh all of you who live in sunshine....come visit us and learn what a true winter is like! :) Believe me, after a few weeks of ice, slush, snow and wind I begin dreaming of paradise. I did say "weeks" but too bad this type of weather lasts for MONTHS. Oh....help.

I'm currently also struggling with Isaac's diaper situation. So all of you moms out there, help me out!! Isaac has been sleeping through the night for quite some time now...THAAAAAANK Goodness! He goes down around 7:30 at night and usually starts stirring at around 5:30 a.m. and everytime I go in to flip him back over I've noticed he has wet right through his diaper. Almost every single night! Arg. So, in my half-asleep state, I managed to change his entire outfit (because he has also wet through his onesie and jammies) in the dark so I don't wake him up even more so, change his diaper, put on a new outfit, flip him back over and he goes back to sleep for another hour or so. I know the only reason why he's waking up is because of this. A couple of friends have suggested changing his diaper size, but Isaac is around 19 pounds, and the size three diapers go from around 16-24 pounds, so he's smack dab in the middle. I've tried Huggies, Pampers and now Luvs and unfortunately I think I might just have a peeing machine!!! Geesh:) Anyway, I know every baby is different, but if you have any suggestions of mega-absorbent diapers, I'd love to know! So silly, I know, but I somehow have to tackle my Bibber-Pee-Machine!

3 comments:

Livingstons said...

Yeah, the whole weight thing on the diaper boxes is only an approximation... if he's not swimming in the next size, try it. It would be great to keep him in the smaller size because it's cheaper, but dry babies = priceless. Another solution is to add a premie size diaper inside the next size up when he goes to bed - overflow will go into the outer diaper (worked on my patients in the hospital...). Ah, the joys of wondering about bodily function...

Judaloo said...

Hey...I don'thave a big time peer at night, but I have a freind that has a boy and he does. She swears by the Huggies Supreme diapers. Worth a shot...good luck with that! Jacie still wakes up once a night. How I envy you!!

Anonymous said...

We had similar issues...I feel your pain. The latest thing that seems to be working are Huggies Overnights (not Goodnights) in a purple package. Of course, they are only available at Babies R Us, so it makes it very convenient when you run out. Worth a shot!