Friday, February 15, 2008

WEDDING PREP


Isaac and I headed to N.Y. for a 1 1/2 week long stay with my family. I had a great time, and Isaac did as well. My sister Veronica and I spearheaded the flowers for the wedding. It was so much fun! Needless to say our hands were perma-green, we smelled not like flowers, and we worked late into the evening/morning to get everything done. And we finished with time to spare and the chance to take a shower and look semi-put together for the ceremony:) My other sisters helped a ton. If it wasn't for them, I think we'd still be making centerpieces:) As you can see in the first picture, it took us a good portion of the day just to prep the flowers. We had 3 buckets JUST of ivory roses! That should give you an idea of how many flowers we used! Another whole bin of BLack Magic (Deep Red) roses and all of those gorgeous callas in the front. We had a great assembly line that allowed us to move fast. I felt like a floral surgeon "Italian Ruscus?" (Jessy would hand them to me) "Salal" (hands them to me) "Bear Grass" (same thing...) What fun! :) We started a small business called "Bella Flowers:Weddings Exclusively" which we are hoping will get some business over the next few years. Perhaps this was the start to many more weddings. I looooooove doing flowers!

We headed to the reception site with an entourage of 4 cars all full of centerpieces. 2 vans, 1 SUV and a car. Crazy! The third picture is a view of the back of a van (we didn't put the candles in until we got to the reception hall...Thanks Uncle Paulie for your clever nail trick!). The final picture is of the Bride's bouquet. So, if anyone in N.Y. needs some flowers we can offer you pretty incredible stuff and incredible prices;) Tell your friends and family!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becky said...

WOW! You (and your sisters)are the woman! That bouquet was beautimus! You are miss Flora and Fauna. I love calla lilies. We had some growing in our garden in CA, but they don't seem to thrive or even exist out here in MI.

Melisa said...

I am very impressed! I've always wanted to learn how to do flowers.

Livingstons said...

Beauty of a wedding! How do you do that many in so little time... Who's wedding? I hope it wasn't Isaac's...you'd invite us, right? Especially since he's marrying our future daughter.