Wednesday, April 23, 2008

TIMMY HO'S

I feel like I haven't posted anything for awhile. Maybe that is because I haven't. With weather like it has been (70's) I have been outside with Isaac as much as possible. This picture pretty much sums up how I feel lately. I can stretch the winter blues away! Time to Spring clean (which we've been doing in preparation for our next move) organize, swing with Isaac at the playground, spend time outside on walks...I love it. Who wouldn't, right?

I have a lot of pictures to post from Isaac's pre-birthday party. Family was in town from New York and we were completely spoiled with their company. It was much needed, seeing that Sean was studying 24-7 this past week for a huge test. I would have been all alone!

Sean had a classic abbreviation the other day. He tries to shorten just about every word. If he thinks he's being "ghetto" he's not. I try to remind him of that each and every time. "Sean, you stink at ghetto-talk." I think this makes him try harder. For instance, we were driving down the street the other day and he said, "Hey look, they're building another Timmy Ho's." I said, "What?!" "You know," he said, "Tim Horton's." I had to laugh on that one. So now every time we see a Timmy Ho's, we holla' out our wanna-be ghetto talk (in other words, Ebonics.)

Like I said, we're getting ready for a big move which is to happen in about a month. We are feeling both ways...sad and super excited. I'm sad to leave such good friends, and excited to meet more and to start a new adventure. I always tell Sean when we're getting ready to move that "We have the opportunity to change our lives completely if we wanted to." For instance, I could tell people my name was Fred, and I'd be called "Fred." Or, I could dance whenever I talked, and people would think that was "normal" for me. But mainly I tell Sean that this is our opportunity to de-nerd ourselves and try to make people think we're super cool:) Somehow the nerd side of us always shines. Sigh. We try:) And somehow we still are able to make friends, thank goodness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Can you imagine if we'd asked those people in Flint where the nearest Timmy Ho's was? I'm sure that experience alone provided us with enough street cred to last for the rest of time! haha.

Natalie said...

I love Timmy Ho's and I love even more that you call it that! :) I'm sure you have some great ghetto lingo after living on the South Side (Amber and Karli always say they are "hood figgas"). I am so sad that you are moving! It has been great fun to hang out with you and Isaac (I'm sure Sean's pretty cool, too). I really think you should begin the dancing whenever you speak...that would make for some interesting conversations! BTW, I love your blog layout.

Brynn said...

You have me totally fooled...I didn't know you guys were nerds at all! And I too have noticed the plethora of Timmy Ho's that have sprung up recently. And, the only consolation I have that you are moving, is that I am too. I just can't believe it's already come! I can't wait to celebrate Isaacs B-day on Saturday!!

Amy said...

Jaron does that too!! I laugh at him constantly for his ebonics talk! Where are you guys moving?

Welch Mom said...

We will be sad to see you go!