Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SURE...YOU'LL EAT FLOWERS BUT YOU WON'T EAT PASTA?!?

Isaac's taste buds are changing everyday. He's not a very picky eater (hence the adorable neck roll) but today I had a really funny/frustrating experience with him. I know it sounds dorky, but I really do try to feed him a bit of everything to help provide good nutrition and growth, but lately I think he's catching on with a few of the foods. Sigh. And perhaps his taste buds are developing and maturing to what he might like later on. He LOVES any type of fruit; you name it, he'll down it in about 2.2 seconds. He'll eat lemon slices, bluberries, watermelon, grapes, kiwi, mandarin oranges...etc. His latest thing is to grab fistfuls of anything and shove it all in his mouth. Macho. They learn at such a young age:) I won't even go there with the blueberry story. Use your imagination and you'll probably guess what wonderful diapers I had to change in the process.

So today I cooked up some ditalini pasta, which he loves (or should I say, did.) I usually put a bit of butter and garlic salt on it, and normally he goes to town on it. Not today. Before I could even put any on his tray he was already shaking his head and saying "Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!" So I tried to feed him one and he acted as if I just put something disgusting in his mouth, which to him, I guess I did! So, I cut up some grapes, put them on his plate and he was still fussy. Fussy and Isaac eating normally do not go hand in hand! He was trying to get all of the pasta off of his tray before he would eat the grapes, so I finally cleared them off for him. And finally my work has payed off for trying to teach Isaac new words because he clearly said (in a way I could understand:) "Day-doo! Day-doo! Day-doo! Daydoo!" repeated about 10 more times! (Day-doo=thank you) What a pill! I couldn't help but laugh!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That is so funny/frustrating/adorable! I love it when kids express gratitude to moms, even if it is when they are being stubborn. It seems to make all of the hassle worth it, huh? I can't believe how big Isaac is, and he is just as darling as ever.

Welch Mom said...

They change day to day and their tastes do as well. This can be so frustrating! PB&J and cereal stand strong though!