Today has been quite the day. I should have realized it was not going to be my lucky day when I finished changing the 4th poopy diaper. Isaac's gotta' keep the colon rollin' right? Yuck. Sorry, I shouldn't have started this entry with that type of a story.
Things are going good for us. I'm finally getting around to a ton of pictures that I thought were once lost, but were found! I'm so behind on pictures, it's pathetic. I'm trying to catch up here and there when I have a few minutes of time on my hands. Today Isaac took a hefty nap (not feeling well) and so I sat here in the basement for the majority of that time posting pictures and editing as well. My fingers feel like they are frozen! It's always so cold in our basement. Brrr......There were (and still are) a million other things I need to get done: like get ready for my photo shoot with a baby named Liam which is happening tomorrow morning. He's just one week old and weighs in at a whopping 5 pounds. When I went to visit his mom the other day, I seriously could not believe how small he was. I'm excited to see what fun positions I can get him in, and of course, still keep him as comfy as possible:) My life has been soaked up by the following over the past week or so; some longer than that. Here's the rundown:
At about a year old, we found out that Isaac had allergies. I thought it would have been just eggs or something like that, but we found out through blood work and the pricks they do on the back that he is also allergic to peanuts, soy and eggs. It's been hard to find food that doesn't contain egg or soy in it, so I've been using a lot of my time during his naps and at night to research recipes on line, and to become more acquainted with the terms and such of ingredients to be careful of. I've been very careful with what I have around the house. Last Friday, I went to give Isaac his breakfast and he refused to eat. What? This is sooo not like him. So, I went to take him out of his high chair and saw that he had hives all over his arms. I literally gasped. He was getting them on both arms, down the side of his chest, his legs and his face. Without even thinking, I got him in the car (pj's and all!) and rushed to the doctors. It was a loooong drive. The worst case scenarios were running through my head, and I had to do everything not to go any faster than the speed I was already cruising at. Long story short, he got checked out, had some benadryl and they then prescribed epi-pens for me to have in case of an emergency. Luckily, it never effected him internally. That's what I was afraid of.
What has also taken up my time is learning how to use Photoshop. You'd think I'd know how to use it well, being an Art Major and all, but it is sooo daunting to go back into Photoshop after a 7 year hiatus, to have to try and figure it all out again. I've gone on-line and checked out some tutorials, and googled everything under the sun. The internet is stinkin' amazing. It's been a huge roller coaster ride for me. I'm finally starting to figure a few things out. Wahoo!
Our mornings (for Isaac and me) pretty much stay the same. We get up, we play, we read books, we eat, we head to the YMCA where I do workout classes everyday and he plays in the tot watch. They love him there, which always is a plus! We come home, we water the flowers, we play, he eats lunch and then takes his nap.
My time has also been spent working on our place. Although I can't take much credit for what we've done, I'm always trying to find new ways to organize, to decorate, to coordinate...etc. We love our little home and it's perfect for us. When it's completely finished, I hope to share some pictures.
Sean is doing well. He's a different guy compared to the guy I knew during the 1st two years of med school. He is sooo much more relaxed and confident in what he does. The first two years of med school are just jammed pack with an endless amount of information and sometimes I could just see him zoning off into Never Never Land. Poor guy. It was like night and day when he started at the Hospital. He loves being hands on, he loves everything about being able to learn more about the fields out there, and most importantly, when he comes home at night, he doesn't have to eat and then run off to the office to study for the rest of the night. He can relax and enjoy some time with us, which we absolutely love. He has the majority of Saturdays to spend with us, which would have only happened on rare occasions in the past. It's great.
Last week, two of my sisters and my mom came in town for a girl's weekend. It was sooo much fun. I can't wait to post some pictures. We had a blast hanging out and enjoying each other's company.
Oh, and did I mention that I'm sleep deprived due to an overdose of the Olympic games? I seriously love watching these athletes kick butt. It's sooo amazing!
Well, this post has now turned into a novel, and the frost bite has traveled to my toes and nose, so I best be off. I hope you enjoy the pictures thus far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's scary about Isaac's allergy situation! How did you discover in the first place that he was allergic to all those things? The background of all your pictures are AMAZING! Your sis looks so cute!
I'm so sorry to hear about Isaac allergies. Good luck!
We miss you guys! We should get together soon.
Oooo, that is so rough about the allergies! I'm so sorry! I'll bet that really complicates things. Do they think he will outgrow it?
Yeah, the second two years are a blast compared to the first two! I'm so glad Sean is liking it! Has anything stuck out to him yet as a specialty or is he still giving everything a try. I guess it is only the second month, huh. He still has a year before residency applications. IT NEVER ENDS!!! ;)
How scary (the allergy thing)! I would have freaked, too.
The photos look great. You are coming along nicely. I especially love the one of the baby with the flag. Aren't they so much fun when they can sit up, but can't move?
How sad for Isaac. Allergies are the worst; nearly every grandchild on Adam's side has allergies to soy, eggs, and nuts, and it's such a pain to remember that every time they need to eat. I'm glad his hives were only superficial, if one can be glad about hives at all. Good luck on the Photoshop venture; I'm trying to teach myself and get so discouraged everytime I sit down that I'm not making much progress. One day, maybe we can teach a workshop for frazzled mommies who are trying to learn it! :) I'm glad to hear you love your new place and Sean's new phase of school. It's so nice to be able to spend more time together.
Post a Comment