
Lots of little things happening in the life of the Ike-man. I feel like I'm always trying to remember to write things in his journal when I have the chance because of all of the new little adventures or cute stories I hope to share with him someday. He's growing so much, intellectually, physically and emotionally. The other night when Sean and I were getting ready to go to bed, Sean said something to the effect of "our little boy isn't so little anymore." I seriously whimpered. Tears brimmed my eyes and Sean rushed to the rescue with "lets change the subject! Wasn't today a beautiful day?" Too late. Damage done. I broke down in big ole' tears thinking of the little Baby Isaac I held in my arms almost 1-1/2 years ago. So new and so.....much....lighter! :)
Here we are at the second round of Holidays that are just around the corner. I think of how small he was when I use to take him on walks everyday with the crunching leaves and the cool, crisp autumn air. I think of his first Thanksgiving, and how he didn't get the chance to eat any of the food because he was still too little. I think of his little white hat with the ball on top that I swear I'm going to bronze it someday:) And now look at him! Such a different story only a year later.
One thing I did manage to write down in Isaac's little journal is the fact that literally, overnight, Isaac is talking so much more than he ever has. It's like he's been studying us for so long, not really trying out too many words, just listening to us say such funny sounds:) About 3 days ago, he just woke up blabbing away. ALL. DAY. LONG. Non stop. He had so much to tell us!
A few more funny things: I use to sing Isaac the same two songs before bed each night, but ever since Sean taught him the BYU fight song, he will have none of it! So now every night, what do I get to sing him? "We'll raise our banners high in the blue, and cheer our Cougars of BYU!" as well as the rest of the song. So funny. Another new thing is that he sings himself to sleep. He is such a good little sleeper, so it was a funny surprise to walk one night and hear him singing with his sweet little voice.
I still have no clue what he's going to be this year for Halloween! Ah! I want him to be something cute, because this will probably be the last year I'll have complete say in what he is :) Who knows, next year he'll probably want to be spiderman. Should he be a monkey? A lion?
Anyway, long post. I better get back to the laundry!
4 comments:
Go Cougs! ;)
He is getting so big! And just as cute as ever!
Even though I graduated from BYU, I can't stand their athletic teams. Maybe hearing Isaac sing the fight song would change my mind, though! Gooooooooo cougars! What a sweet, adorable boy. Too bad he can't wear his turtle costume again this year; that was priceless. I do think a monkey or lion would be darling, too, but then again, Isaac could be himself for Halloween and still be the cutest kid in town. :) You should bronze that hat. It's my fave!
I feel the same way. I don't want the boys to get any older. I want to freeze them right now. But how cute is it that Isaac is talking and singing? I guess you just have to enjoy every moment. Hilarious that he loves the BYU fight song. I'm impressed you guys know all the words!
a true cougar fan:)
Post a Comment