Monday, November 17, 2008

LET THE SICK SEASON...BEGIN!

Yesterday Isaac woke up from his nap covered in throw up. Poor baby! Normally with Isaac, being sick is a gradual process. He starts acting cranky, then lethargic, etc. This came on so fast I didn't even expect it. What was even more bizarre is that he was totally giddy and laughing right after the experience. Hmmm....as if nothing happened. I usually babysit a little boy every Monday morning, and so I called his Mom as soon as I had the place cleaned up and told her that it could have been a fluke, but it also could have been the start of something. We decided to hold off.

After putting him down for the night, he got sick again. Poor thing! Once again, no fever, happy, totally cuddly in my arms. Weird.

He slept through the night like always, and he seems to be doing a lot better today. We stayed inside and enjoyed the nice view of the snow covered trees from our patio door. We played, read books, watched Curious George, read again, listened to a CD of lullaby music and by that time, he was laying on his blanket in the kitchen ready for his nap.

So sad, he still has a little leftover tear in his eye in this picture!

And I LOVE these jammies in the last picture that Grandma Neal gave to Isaac. I couldn't resist a little baby bum shot!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Becky said...

No!!! Don't let the sick season begin, nope, not invited, doesn't need to begin at all. Back!!! As usual, your pictures of Mr. Isaac are all cuteness! He's getting older and loosing some of that baby cheek. It's not a sad thing, it's just another cute thing. That might be one reason people choose to repopulate the species, the fear that they'll loose those cute baby cheeks to aging children. Then they end up with 3 big kids and find that they themselves, the parents, have the big cheeks now, so no worries!

Unknown said...

The same thing happened to Analysse. I thought maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her. Maybe a little flu or something. She threw up once and then played like nothing happened. Then she threw up a few more times (one time all over me, yuck) and then she was just cuddly for the rest of the day and we watched movies. I felt so bad for her though. It's no fun when your kids get sick. Super cute pictures though of Isaac though! I just love him!

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear Isaac was sick. That's no fun!

Um, so did you get to watch the Biggest Loser last night!?!!?! Goodness, I can't believe Amy voted Coleen off. Grrrr.... and she had the chance to vote the "lovely" Vicki off! Ahhhhh!!! We'll talk about this Sunday. For sure. :)

jacque said...

Bummer about the sickness! It's pretty amazing that Isaac can still look so cute and be feeling so miserable. The good thing that comes out of them being sick is that they are usually more snuggly! Take advantage!