Sunday, November 16, 2008

MEGHAN!

This girl has a huge story behind her. The very first day we moved to our new place here in this particular area, we had two visitors. One was a wonderful lady from my church who brought over scumptious gelato. We sat on our camping chairs in the middle of our livingroom that was FILLED with every moving box you can imagine...and then some! She didn't even flinch! We talked about the new area, all of the great restaurants, places to visit, parks, etc.

The other visitor was this chiquita. She knocked on the door (mind you, we didn't know a SOUL in the area!) and when I answered, she said, "Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I love babysitting, so if you ever need a babysitter, I live right next door." Chime in the Hallelujah choir......now. The heavens parted, I almost shed a tear! Could it be? A sweet, reliable, trustworthy, caring teenager who loves watching kids, AND she lives right next door to me? She has since then become my little bud, making cookies with me, coming over after she gets off the bus from school, and boy, she may seem shy, but she knows how to break it down with some funky dance moves when it's just me and her and Isaac! :) Isaac was on cloud nine all throughout summer when Meghan would give me a quick break to make dinner and would take him up to the playground, or throw rocks with him in the water drain. I think that when we move from here, I will just have to pack her in one of our boxes. Her mom has become a dear friend of mine, as well as the other neighbors around us. We are so blessed!!! BLESSED!
Photobucket