Last Friday, Isaac had tubes put in his ears. I am so relieved that we got this procedure done. He has probably had 14 or 15 ear infections since he was born, so it was just a matter of time before this procedure was going to happen. I haven't heard anything bad about the procedure, so I was very eager to get Isaac feeling better and more comfortable. Mom and Fran came into town to help with Isaac. I was so thankful that they would come all this way to be here! His procedure was literally 5-10 minutes long, and after the anesthesia wore off, he was such a happy boy. I'm glad they got to enjoy a happy Isaac, rather than an upset one.
Look at this cute robe! I wanted to take it home with me. They had Isaac drink a sedative that made him really lethargic, which might explain the second picture. He was so out of it!


The picture below was taken about 10 minutes after the procedure.

Isaac's little cousins sent him a little "sick" monkey. He loves it! He was nestled in Fran's arm forever!

9 comments:
It really is better after the whole "I'm scared because my son is going into surgery" thing. :)
I'm glad everything went well!
What a sad and out of it face yet still maintaining his unavoidable cuteness. My Isaac also has to go in for surgery on the 17th to get his cyst on his eyebrow removed. Not looking forward to this as they have to knock him out for it.
I hate hospital "procedures" for little guys! It's horrible! Isaac looks very brave! I had to take Cole in for his 2nd circumcision 2 weeks ago. It was a huge ordeal. But it's over and done and I'm so glad!
Merry Christmas!
P.S. If we lived closer, I would apply for your Black Friday shopper slot. We could do some pretty serious damage together. :0
He did so well....so proud of you Isanhime :) grandma
I hope he's feeling better. I'm sure it'll help so much with the ear infections. I'm glad everything went well.
Payson had to get that done too. It was so weird how fast it was...sure was a big bill for such a small amount of time. Maybe I need to look into that profession. Anyways, I loved it when they gave Payson the "happy juice", he got so goofy with this cute little goofy grin. Well we are glad he is doing well.
Caitlin has had 2 different eye surgeries in her short 3 years...and we kept the hospital clothes from the 2nd surgery. Pretty sure we paid for it in one of those huge bills we got. I'm glad it all went well!!
Aww! Poor thing!! When I was about 6 or 7 yrs old I had tubes in my ears too. I still remember it very clearly because I also had my tonsils taken out at the same time. It was quite traumatic. I'm so glad he's doing well. He's just so darn adorable!! :)
Post a Comment