Sunday, January 04, 2009

DAY 3 in Paradise

Day three for us was Christmas Eve. It was very bizarre being somewhere sunny and wishing everyone a Happy Christmas Eve. We knew we had to get over to the Polynesian Cultural Center around noon, so Bryan showed us a really nice beach called Hu'kulau where the boys went spear fishing and a few of us went out Boogie Boarding. So much fun! I seriously love to boogie board! After the beach, we headed back to the house so everyone could get cleaned up to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. I stayed back with Isaac so he could take a nap. After his nap, we headed straight up to the center to join the family. We got there just in time for the Tongan drum demo, which Isaac LOVED. I tracked down the guy selling the coveted icecream served with fresh pineapples and peaches while we watched the show. (I have no clue why I didn't snap any pictures at this point during the day. Maybe I was tired of taking pictures??)

After the tour, we got on the little boat and headed over to dinner. We snapped a few photos while waiting for dinner to begin, and enjoyed a dancing number or two. After dinner, Sean took Isaac home to get ready for bed while I stayed with the family to enjoy the big performance. Man, I wish I could shake my hips like those hula dancers! How on earth do they do that?!?!

Sean and Isaac on the beach.
Photobucket