Nope, things haven't changed...but I just had to add how NICE it is to have a mom and my big sis to talk to about my frustrations. By the end of our conversations, I was laughing so hard it was making me cry. At least I know I'm not alone in this fight for sleep! :) My sister relayed several stories of finding her youngest, Jane, who is two...awake in her crib with an entire wipe container empty...on the floor... a ways away from her crib, which made her realize #1-Jane wasn't napping and 2-Jane was getting out of her crib, playing around, and getting back in to make it look like she wasn't doing anything. Oh the joy:)
Anyway, if you don't have advice to give, maybe you can give me words of encouragement from your non-sleepers as well!! :) Funny stories are always welcome.
And then, on top of it, my mom had to remind me that ALL of us girls were done with napping by the time we were two. Uuuuuggggggghhhhhhh, is this Karma?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Every kid is SO different...Dawson and Caitlin hated naps and it was a fight to get them to nap until I just gave up...Lucas has been a doll baby and will just fall asleep in the middle of the floor if he's tired. It's a lot less frustrating to just let him be...and move bedtime up an hour or two so he's still getting enough hours in there!
Hmm. Well mine two yr. old will still nape so I am lucky I guess. But I hear that when they do start to stop, they will still take a nap every few days so that is hopeful! Just tire him out real good at the park!
I can sympathize Jeannette! Jackson stopped napping at about 2 and it was horrible at first because he still needed the nap but wouldn't stop long enough to take one. So we moved his bedtime up by a 1/2 hour and that really helped. I've realized that he's just one of those kids that just doesn't need as much sleep which was so sad for me because its so nice to have some down time during the day. Good luck!
So sorry! Losing those precious hours in the afternoon is so hard! When my kids stopped, they usually took a nap every couple of days...so today could be the day! Also, once the weather gets nice, he may tire out faster and need a nap from all of that playing outside.
my 2 yr old only naps when I put him on the top bunk. He cannot climb down and finally gets bored enough to fall asleep. BUt there are days when he doesn't nap, it is getting way to often, and he goes to bed earlier and wakes up later. You'll survive, you just might have to let a few things go or let him watch a little more TV to get things accomplished.
Have you tried putting him down a little later? Beck started fighting me on the nap and didn't take a nap for 2 days. I started putting him down between 1:30 and 2, and he's been napping fine again.
I know every kid is different, and maybe you already tried that. Either way, good luck!
Since you asked for it... we thought Davis would be one of those kids who stops napping at 18 months, but we've soldiered on with an ultra thick blanket tacke up blocking the light from the window, fan at top speed to block out noise, a crib tent, and a slightly later nap. Even if he doesn't sleep, he "gets" to have "quiet" time in his crib for an hour (it's not so quiet...) and then goes to bed at 6:30. I also found that if I make sure to be home an hour before I want to put him down, it keeps him from being so amped up.
I can feel your pain as some days the only time you get to eat a meal without inhaling it is when the kids are taking a nap. Unfortunately Cole does not nap anymore and I usually end up trying to keep him quiet so he does not wake up his brother. So I usually end up staying up late just to hear the crickets in my head!
Post a Comment