Sunday, April 05, 2009

An update on our lives...


I tend to not write too much about us because our lives seem to go by the book, day by day, with a few exceptions here and there.


So, the first happening is the blessed pacifier fairy came and visited Isaac last Friday night before he went to bed. It's something I've been wanting to do for about 6 months now, but the timing was never right. There was NO WAY I was going to fly on an 8 hour flight to Hawaii in December without his pacifier. That was out of the question, but I knew I wanted to do it before his second birthday, which is at the end of this month (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!) Since Sean's "spring break" so to speak started Friday, I thought...what better time! :) The first night went surprisingly well. He cried a bit at first for his "ba" (don't ask me how on earth he came up with this nickname) but then he settled to bed. He woke up at his usual 7:30 wake up time. Yes! By the second night, he had totally forgotten about his pacifier. Hooray. My mom asked me, "What did the pacifier fairy bring for Isaac?" uhhhh....I didn't know the fairy was suppose to bring a gift! So, we ventured to Toys R Us and he got something small. He has only been using his pacifier strictly for bedtime and naptime for the past 8 months, so thankfully, we didn't have to worry about day time breakdowns from him.


I am SOOOOOO happy we're done with it! It was great while it lasted:)


Second, Sean is seriously STOKED about the latest in the NCAA brackets. He signed up with some buddies on ESPN, and we both knew he was doing pretty good with his brackets. After the AMAZING MSU victory last night which left me jumping up and down in my livingroom by myself (Sean was at conference) we checked where he was standing. OK, get this: Out of over 5 MILLION bracket entries on ESPN, Sean is in the 99.8th percentile. He is in 10,000th place. Seriously, I don't think he's ever been so proud:) He has rocked his brackets since the sweet 16, and he had MSU going to the finals against UNC. I've beaten Sean in brackets for the past 3 years, but nothing beats this! My brackets fell apart a loooong time ago.


Next, can you believe Isaac is going to be two in 3 weeks? The answer to that is NOOOOOOO! He has grown so much, I can't even begin to explain it. The statement I get from everyone is "He doesn't look like toddler! He has such a boy face!" Everyone says that. He continues to love to sing, he even says a jibber jabber prayer each night before we lay him down, which starts off with "Ee Hevly fahder" jibber-jabber-jibber-jabber.....Amen!" Ah, melt my heart all over again. He HATES to hold our hands (Super Independent) he loves the twirly slide at the park, he's soooo over the swings (been there, done that) and he's working on 4 more teeth popping through. He's just a busy body! His favorite book is currently our nursery rhyme book, and his favorite movie is Curious George. We take him in to the allergist at the end of May to see if any of his 3 allergies have gone away. Please, oh Please!! I'll definitely post his adorable invitation and pictures from his party when that all comes around.


Sean is busy studying....does it ever end? Nope. He spent a good chunk of his spring break studying, but he made sure to give me and Izzie a lot of family time. We wanted so badly to go somewhere warm and fun, but it was surprisingly nice to stick around here and just spend time together. We discovered a great restaurant in Ann Arbor, visited the Hands On Museum, went to the park, visited the new piglets at the farm, painted, cleaned the house, went on several walks, and played several games of "Where's Isaac?" It can be the middle of the day, and we'll say "Wheeeere's Isaac?" and he'll drop flat on the ground no matter where he is standing. he loves to hide! It'll be sad to see him go back to rotations.


Me? I'm doing good! Feeling a bit tired of cold weather, especially since we heard we might get snow this week. Seriously. I can handle a few months...but this? This is just wrong. I'm suppose to be doing beautiful outdoor spring photo sessions! Not snow!:) Speaking of which, photography is picking back up again, which I love. People are wanting family shots, baby shots, baptismal/communion shots, and I just love it all. I'm seriously counting down to our Family Tradition trip to the Outer Banks, North Carolina, where we upgraded to an Ocean Front house with a private pool, a private walkway to the beach (just yards away!) sunshine, ocean breeze, spotting the dolphins on our early morning walks, and just sitting with Isaac on the beach, and digging my feet into the sand. Ahhh. I'm definitely looking forward to that! Sean most likely won't be able to come because of his rotations, and I seriously want to cry everytime I think that he might not be able to come. My family just adores Sean to bits and bits.


That's about it! We hope you are all doing good, and finding better weather than around here!!!

7 comments:

The Taylors said...

I am so glad things worked out so well with the pacifier fairy! I am just dreading taking Zach's pacifier away from him. I want to try and get rid of it in a couple of weeks. We will see how it goes....

Unknown said...

My bracket was gone a long time ago too. Steve and I always do a few brackets each year and see who wins. I usually do surprisingly well. But not this year:( That's awesome that Sean is doing so well. I'm glad the pacifier is gone without too much of a struggle. That pacifier wasn't hard for us to take away, but the bottle was. She would only drink milk in a bottle, and so we took it away and now she just refuses to drink milk.

Megan said...

I can't believe he's going to be 2! I can't wait to see the photos.

Becky said...

If Sean doesn't go, can I take his place? Thanks for sharing all of the updates. I too have been watching some of the MSU games. Reed and Douglas were watching them on Saturday night and I kept hearing Reed yelling at the TV in phrases like, "ah man!" and "Dang-it" and then some hooting sounds, very funny kid. I think he observes his parent's behavior a little too much.

Matt and Amber said...

I second the sunshine! Go away snow! I think Matt spilled the beans to Sean about the Saturday night game...but at least Michigan won.

Natalie said...

Isaac cannot be two years old...that is madness! He is such a handsome little guy. I'm glad things are going well for you, and if it's any consolation, we've had snow almost every day for two weeks. Blah. Let's go to Hawaii...or Tahiti...or Egypt...I'd even settle for Syria right now! :)

Welch Mom said...

Oh, snow is like a cruel trick that mother nature likes to play on us just when we put away our winter coats. Oh, Michigan! Love the cute photo of Isaac and love his mobile with planes.