Friday, May 22, 2009

Isaac's 2nd birthday!

Whoa. Isaac has been 2 for almost a month! I can't believe it!! This year I decided to go with a kite theme for his birthday party. He LOVES kites! I had a bunch of ideas stewing in my brain, and this is what I came up with! :) Not much, but it was really fun to do something other than plastic cheapy kites from Walmart. I bought the paper, cut out the kite shape, glued two popsicle sticks to the back, and then hot glued a wooden dowle. I bought the colored sand at IKEA, as well as the vases, which I think were $3.00 a piece. Not bad.

To say that we had a fabulous weekend would be an understatement. Unfortunately, I seriously SLACKED BIG TIME in taking pictures. Now that it's all said and done, I'm realizing I don't even have a picture of my mom with Isaac, nor my sister with Isaac, EVEN SEAN WITH ISAAC on his birthday! Oh my gosh! Pull it together, Jeannette!

My oldest sister, Veronica and her three adorable kiddos, and my mom drove to our place all the way from New York to spend the weekend with us. They got in around 11:30pm on Thursday night, so I was just dying to see Isaac's reaction when he woke up the following morning and saw his three favorite little people. He seriously looked happier than ever when he saw them. They immediately set off to play while mom, V, and I finished the food for his big party. I could NOT have done it without them. I kind of got in over my head with it all, but I'm kind of like that;)

Sean was ever so WONDERFUL and so helpful the entire weekend, watching all of the kids so that my mom, sister and I could go out to eat to a fab Middle EAstern restaurant and to hit IKEA one more time. The kids were like glue to Sean. He brought them to the park, played games with them. I told Sean, "I don't think I've talked to Isaac all weekend!" :) He was having so much fun with his cousins, we all just got to sit back and watch them play.
Photobucket