Tuesday, June 23, 2009

baby update

Last Monday we went in for the ultrasound. The one where you have to kink your head all the way around practically to try and see the screen, more importantly the baby that is growing inside. I'm amazed that I haven't seen anyone come up with a double screen situation yet, so mom gets a good view, right??

This baby has been soooooo active, I can hardly explain the circus that is going on inside of me since around the 15 week mark. I'm now 22-weeks, already past the half-way mark!! Yay! The ultrasound tech was a little anti-climatic, but oh well...who cares. I GOT TO SEE THE LITTLE BABY, which I think is one of the coolest miracles of all, when I finally get to see my first look at my son or daughter. It brings tears to my eyes everytime.

This baby did not want its picture taken. In fact, the baby had the nerve to wiggle so much and strategically place the umbilical cord right between its legs so that we couldn't get a good look. The nerve!! I will remember this first act of disobedience:) I was seriously more than willing to go do a cartwheel out in the hallway to see if the cord would move, but the tech thought it better to just wait another few weeks. Boo.

Most importantly, the baby-whatever it is, is healthy. My heart skips a beat when I see the heart beating, and when baby was clearly sucking its thumb. The miracle of life is nothing shy of a grand miracle in every way.

So, I know this doesn't give much time for you all to think long and hard about what we're having, but Sean is on OB surgery right now at the hospital, and he just called to tell me that one of the residents is more than willing to do an ultrasound THIS Friday to try and see if baby will show us what it is! We were planning on waiting til around July 13th, when my office would try again, but I just couldn't resist when Sean said this opportunity came up.

Are you ready for a GIVEAWAY?!?!?!? I LOVE giveaways!! All you have to do is leave a comment with your name and your GUESS as to what the baby is, and I plan on sending out something fun for the person whose name I draw (the person has to guess the right sex, that's the only requirement. Pressure!!) I don't have a picture of the giveaway yet, but I will soon enough. And, if by chance baby does not cooperate again, we'll try again in a few weeks. Who knows, maybe this baby wants to be a surprise!

OK, get thinking!! Is Isaac going to have a baby brother or a baby sister? You need to comment before the end of Friday!

25 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Jeannette,
I think it's a boy!

Elaine

Mellissa said...

I'm sayin'....girl!:)

Liesl Christensen said...

I'm guessing girl. :)

Unknown said...

I'm guessing a girl too!

Kelli Bramble said...

Boy!

C. Krebs said...

Ummm...Boy! but I hope it's a girl just so you know you'll at least have one of each!
Chrissy K.

Marissa said...

I think you are carrying a future Miss Kentucky....girl!!!

maryp said...

I think you will have a gorgeous Isaac-look-alike girl! Have fun! by the way, when we had Ruby's ultrasound at Huron Valley, they DID have a screen for me to look at and I loved it. Even though I had no idea what I was looking at, it was still amazing to see! For baby numero dos, they didn't show me a thing until they printed out the pix! The nerve!

giangaco said...

I'm thinking girl...go pink!!

Michelle

jacque said...

I'm guessing boy with all that activity!

J'Amy Day said...

A boy...Isaac needs a little brother to run around with!

Mike and Ashley said...

I'll say boy only because we need more boys coming to the ward (mine is a girly!) - Ashley Kent

Matt and Amber said...

My guess is another boy...it has to be...aren't they the ones who are super active?

megan said...

I hope SHE cooperates this time!

Darcee said...

Hmmm. Well, I hope you have a girl so you can experience all the girl stuff and of course, selfishly, I want our daughters to be friends. Maybe they could room together at BYU someday. (I know, I'm thinking crazy right now.) But, honestly, I think it's a boy, just judging by the Neal track-record. Can't wait to find out!

Deanne said...

Oh the pressure! I'm going to guess girl, since I have one of each as well...

erintucker81 said...

I'm going with Girl :0)

Becky said...

BOY!!!! What else is there? Everyone tells me I need to have a girl and I must say it would be nice but I really think I have this boy thing down now and to add pink to the equation could be disastrous and fraught with all kinds of anatomical questions that I'm not in the mood to talk about, at least not with a 3 yr. old and a couple of of 7 year old boys. Good luck! I can't wait to hear!

Bill Leppert said...

WOW, I can't believe you are this far along now!! I will say that there will be another boy coming your way.

Josh said...

chick...goin with the flow...fran...veronica...jeannette...I am definitely saying it'll be an all girl 2009

Rebecca said...

Tough choices... a boy!
But how knows-I guessed wrong with both my kids!

Unknown said...

We say another boy!

Miss ya! Nate & Allicen

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna say its. . . a boy.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a Girl (I think). Cute, little, tall, pretty, adorable girl. Love grandma

Welch Mom said...

Active, then I think boy all the way!
I had 2 very active boys in my tummy so I am speaking from experience, and don't you know you want to join the mom of boys club!