Name them one by one! That's exactly what I had to do in order to get myself out of a major rutt this afternoon. I was feeling pretty down, which is not normal for me. I picked up one of my favorite products of all time: Mr. Clean's magic eraser, and went at it on my kitchen counters and refrigerator, scrubbing like a mad woman, and naming my blessings out loud so I could really let them smack me in my face.
It doesn't take long before I begin to feel like the most ungrateful person on the planet.
Instead of delving into the why's and how's of having a hard couple of days, I'd rather just take the quiet moment that I have right now and reflect on all of the many many many blessings I have in my life. I am thankful for the tender mercies I receive each and every day. I never consider them "luck". I consider them answers to prayers and blessing from a merciful Father in Heaven, who knows when a simple smile from a complete stranger, or a sweet coo from my baby girl can really make a world of a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
They are gifts from God, those small acts of kindness and cuteness in the case of your kids. I think that might be one of the reason they say the word "remember" is the most important word in the dictionary.
Oh, you're the cutest thing Jeannette...we all have so many things to be thankful for...thanks for reminding me!
I will copy that great idea! My mom always says that the hardest times but the best times are with little children!
Yes, I agree with you that things are not "luck", but blessings. Among those blessings, I definitely count Magic Erasers! :) You are an amazing woman and always so inspiring to me. I hope you have a grand day today!
I hope today is better, Jeannette! Remember that you will miss these days when you look back on them...
Hang in there. We all have these days, I think we have to have them in order to remember the important things. It helps snap us back into remembering all of our blessings. Just remember you are a great mom and that is something to always smile about!
I am so with you on this, Jeannette. I have had many "ups and downs" days lately, and sometimes it is just so hard to keep reminding myself that it is not always about *my* plans. Take care!
ps - Eliza's birth announcement was beautiful!
Post a Comment