
this is my dryer, and it's empty. Not only is the bug gone (for now), but my washer and dryer are getting a well-deserved break for what they had to go through for the past two weeks. They've been lysoled like no tomorrow. And if you've seen my kids in the past two days, I need to warn you...
no, you are not experience Groundhog's day over and over...
my kids are currently on day two (and a half??) of the same clothes. Didn't you know I'm doing it all for the love of my washer and dryer (and not because the clothes have remained relatively clean)?
2. Have you seen {this?}
A friend of mine, who frequents the National Play Museum here in Rochester as much as I do shared this on her blog the other day and I was nearly peeing my pants. Even if you don't know what the museum is all about (museum of play=a generous slice of heaven on earth) you have to see his take on this year's toy inductees.
3. Eliza turned 1 on Halloween. Last year. And I never posted pictures because (gulp) I can only find a handful of the pictures on my computer. I (gulp) hope I didn't delete them from my camera somehow, and I'm (gulp) going to feel horrible if I don't find them. These are pictures of the decorations, and my poor attempt to make a cake worthy enough for my sweet e-baby. I do have to say, having her birthday on Halloween is sooo much fun. Seriously, can there be a better day where people dress up in costumes in honor of your birthday? My birthday is on Memorial Day, and I don't get to see anyone in costumes!
I tried to be as thrifty as possible when it came to decorations. I reused and recycled stuff I already had laying around, such as:
black streamers
branches of curly willow, which I spray painted black
hydrangeas from our backyard, spray painted black
pottery barn birds that I already owned
pieces of vellum paper that I already had to create faux candles
leftover burlap to create the sacks for her party favors
tags for "Boo" as well as ink pad and letter stamps I already had




Please don't judge the following. :) I am hor.ri.ble at cakes.

4. As mentioned in my last post, I was addicted to the "Downton Abbey" series on PBS. It aired every Sunday night for the entire month of January, and I didn't learn about it until some of my friends were talking about it. I'm so glad they did, because I looooved looking forward to Sunday night and a bowl of popcorn and a tv all to myself (Sean wasn't interested.) They are in the works of making the final installment of the series--oh, the agony of the ending! You can still watch it on pbs.org (which is what I did for the episodes I had missed.) Click on shows, then Masterpiece Classic, and then Downton Abbey. When you have some time or when the kids are sleeping, you should watch it!
OK, best be going...Eliza fell asleep for the last two minutes in the car and now she thinks that was enough for her nap! uh-uh, sista'!
1 comment:
I'M DYING!!! I think I stared at the picture of Eliza's b-day table for about 5 minutes with my mouth wide open. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! That picture needs to be in some kind of magazine. Seriously, how are you so creative???!!!!! I wish I could be around you more so some of it could rub off on me, but since I can't you need to post more pictures to give me some much needed inspiration!!!!
Post a Comment