Easter weekend didn't go as I had envisioned.
Eggs were not dyed, beautiful Easter outfits were not worn, and the "Easter Bunny" totally skimped on baskets and brought the basics. uuugh. I felt like a horrible mom, I mean Easter Bunny. Thank goodness for sweet grandparents on both sides who spoiled the kids yet again.
The kids, especially Eliza, were not feeling well this weekend. E-baby's temperature soared up to 105 at one point, and I couldn't break it no matter what medicine I gave her. She spent a lot of time in the bath, even an impromptu bath at midnight one night when she felt especially hot. No Jennifer Lopez moves for her this weekend, that's for sure.
But we did manage to read some books about Easter, play outside in the windy weather, and take a few bike rides to further the fresh air in their lungs. Side note: Isaac ate about a pound of candy. Eliza even cracked a smile once she opened the hopping bunny present, and the big bouncy ball (pictures to come.) Although we didn't make it to church on Sunday, I felt such an overpowering feeling of gratitude for my Savior. Sean and I know without a doubt that our lives have been blessed by a merciful Father in Heaven, and his son Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
she is such a cutie. I feel so bad she does not feel good. I have to buy her a present...Poor E baby... I'll be over soon. Love mom
Post a Comment