Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ramona

Ta-dah! Just like that, I've gone from a few weeks pregnant, to having a baby. It's the (only) benefit on falling behind with blogging. There is much to catch up on from the past two, three, six months, and I really, truly hope to do so over the next few months while I take time off from photography. There really is a lot of good stuff to talk about!

Ramona was born on September 29, 2012 at 12:19pm. She weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces, and was 21-3/4 inches long. Out of all three children, she gets the prize for the best head of hair. I can't even explain how excited I was to meet her. It was a very emotional moment when I held her for the first time. We both cried!

Unlike the other pregnancies, my water broke. By 2:30am, my mom was at our house (cutting 15 minutes off of a normal drive to/from her house) <---- ?!?! and we were on our way to the hospital. I kissed the kids while they slept, and whimpered a few tears as I always do when it's "go" time. By the time we got to the hospital, I was starting to have pretty heavy contractions, and was admitted shortly thereafter. About nine hours later, Ramona was born! The feeling I get holding my babes for the first time is like none other. We couldn't stop looking at her adorable smushed face.  I will never forget it.

What's in a name, you ask? Well, the name Ramona does not have any familial significance. Like with both Isaac, and Eliza, her name just came to me. Poof, out of the blue, just came. I was hesitant to tell others because Sean wasn't entirely on board, which of course, has changed since then. At around 25 weeks, my mom asked me if I had any names in mind, and I told her Ramona was my first pick. She then told me that the name "Ramona" was in fact, my grandmother's favorite name, and that she had wished she had used it with one of her kids. How could I go against this name after hearing that?? Lina is her middle name, which is my middle name. It is also my mother's name. So there it is: Ramona Lina.

We have been loving on this little girl since the moment she arrived. Isaac and Eliza have been amazing with her. Their first little meeting in the hospital was so tender and sweet. Isaac has been a pro big brother, and Eliza has been doting on Ramona's needs like any little mother hen.  She has been such a great baby, giving us the typical newborn moments (late nights, no sleep, messy diapers, always hungry!) but we are trying our best to stay ahead of that emotional cliff. Each day just gets better and better, and we're soaking it all up, and smelling her hair, and kissing her lips excessively.

2 comments:

Darcee said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys! She is beautiful...just what we would expect from you two. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Love this litte darling baby girl! She is ADORABLE and very photogenic! :) Love Mom