Saturday, October 18, 2014

Marker Miller Orchard

Sean is on call this weekend.  This is the first weekend he has had to work since starting his job, so we're feeling pretty grateful.  Needless to say, his pager went off at 7am this morning.  I love Saturdays because whether or not Sean is home, we currently don't have anywhere to be.  It's the only day of the week where we can throw the kids in bed with us, eat breakfast without me having to keep them on track for school, and just go at our own pace.  By 9:30, I told the kids to grab their shoes and meet me at the front door when the timer went off. :) I decided to take them back to one of their favorite places that we explored a lot this summer, and early Fall.  To our surprise, there were several food booths set up, free "cow rides" for the kids, fresh warm cider donuts, hayrides, and delicious apples to pick (cameos!)  Sean was able to meet us for the latter portion, which was a lot of fun (only to be called back into work on our drive home.)  

I'm SO glad I decided to lug the brick to take some pictures of the kids, because I loved how effortless it was.  I simply bribed them with a cider donut, and just told them to do whatever they wanted.  Ramona instantly became the ring leader, and soon enough, frame after frame, the kids were laughing and smiling, and having so much fun together.   Many of these pictures made me see how Ramona and Eliza are looking more and more like sisters. 

With Halloween quickly approaching, I realize I am running out of time to find the mystery box that has all of their costumes in it.  We have a huge storage room in our basement that is filled with boxes "we didn't need to get to," and all of a sudden, I need to!  So, if things are looking kinda strange by the time Halloween comes around, don't be surprised.  



 Oh my gosh, I'm dead on the floor because of this picture




 With her bangs pulled back, our Little Miss Sunshine looks a lot older.  

 My kids are not introverted.





























No comments: