Sunday, November 23, 2014

happy birthday, sunshine!

Perhaps you've met her, and have experience it first hand, but Eliza makes everything better.  I probably sound like I love her more than my other children, but obviously you'd have to know this isn't the case.  I love certain things about her so much, it makes me so incredibly happy inside and outside.  I  write about these things often because I feel like, for the past 8 years, my head has been in the sand.  Medical school and residency was rough for all of us, but a lot of times I put myself on auto pilot and just went through the motions.  This girl, from the moment she could put sentences together, always said the most cheerful things.  She forgives the fastest in our family, compliments me on a daily basis through different observations ("mom, your eyes look so beautiful today!" "I LOVE that pretty scarf" "You are the best mom ever!"  You're the best cooker!  I like your toenail polish!  Have a great time at your party (i.e. girls night out)) she was the best snuggled as a baby, and has no fear.  The list goes on and on.  But what I love the most is her optimism.  Oh, her optimism!  I could write a book solely based on her outlook on life.  She'll say something that she's sad about, but quickly turn it into a positive experience.  "I'm really going to miss our old house, but at least I know there's a mama bird out there right now with its babies!"  I mean…seriously…SHE teaches ME to be more like this in my daily life, and for that, I'm so grateful.   We need more Elizas in the world! :)

If these pictures from her party look a lot like Ramona's, it's because it was basically the same idea.  More than half of the decorations came from years past, and it was a quick cake and ice-cream.  I do have to say one of the mistakes I made this year was putting her birthday party on the day after Halloween.  Next year I'll have to remember that.  We were so thankful she has these friends in her life!

We love you, Eliza.  Every bit of you.   Thank you for being the best daughter we could ever hope for!

Eliza is always the last one awake.  It goes in the Isaac-Ramona-Eliza order almost everyday unless someone has peed their bed, which thankfully hardly ever happens.  But for whatever reason, Eliza was up first on her birthday, and I was able to spend a whopping 5 minutes with her in the dark dining room showing her the decorations for her party.  It was such a fun moment for her and I before the rest of the kids woke up.   I love that she has puffy eyes in the morning.  And I especially love that she loves to sleep.  She knows how to throw it down!













No comments: