Tuesday, August 28, 2007
HAPPY 4 MONTHS, ISAAC!
Woa...for real. Where has all of the time gone?! Wasn't it yesterday that I was in the hospital asking the cafeteria to bring up one of everything from the menu? Today he had his 4 month appointment which turned out to be asi-asi. Isaac's had a cold for the past 10 days, and it is almost at the end of its annoying course of action. We all know how it goes... First, the sore throat. Then, the stuffy nose. Followed by the gooey booger-y, can't-clean-it-up-fast-enough nose, then the hacky cough that NOBODY likes to have to do in public because it sounds so absolutly disgusting. Then, the dry cough that keeps you coughing and coughin and coughing. So, it's been really sad to see Isaac go through all of this. I've been using the "brain sucker" as my mom likes to call it to clear his nasal passage ways, as well as spraying saline to help loosen thing up...and it's helped. So, today, wouldn't you know, he has an ear infection!! What?!?! So, of course I start freaking out, not outwardly, but totally confined to the insides of my body. I start going through all of the symptoms a baby normally shows when they get earaches. Tugging on the ears? Nope. Crying when you lay them down? Nope. Overly fussy? Nope. So, the poor boy has had an ear infection for who knows how long. At least we know he has one so that we can start treating it with some drugs. AND, in between his bath last night, and the appointment he had today, he developed a rash on his tummy and back. Man, did I look like a horrible mom or what? And of course, the good part came next: shots. He actually did really well. As good as any baby can do while they are getting 3 shots in their legs. I planned on feeding Isaac his first meal today. I went out and bought some spoons, got the bowl all ready, Sean put together the high chair, yet we managed to forget to buy one very key item in order for him to try some cereal. Yup, I forgot the cereal. So, we're going to have to wait for a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment