I hear this comment often in stores. People love gabbing with Isaac, and he certainly makes them smile when he smiles. Isaac has his 6-month appointment in a few days. I'm curious to find out how much he weighs. I can no longer carry him in his car seat without feeling like I'm getting an acute case of scholeosis, so I've managed to find new ways to get 8 bags of groceries in the house with two arms and Isaac in one of them. I'm probably scaring my mom just by writing this, so let me back up and say that I have my ways :O) It usually requires multiple trips to the car, or if I'm lucky, one of my awesome neighbors to help out. We love our neighbors.
Isaac is almost 6 months. I can't believe it. He's doing so many things and becoming quite the independant little boy. He loves looking at himself in the mirror, and says "Mmmmm..mmmmm.." when I'm feeding him his cereal and fruit of some sort. He plays so well in his little exersaucer. He inches his way towards toys when we put him on the ground. He's almost sitting by himself with no help. Right now he's in the "tripod" phase:) He's growing tired of certain toys and becoming more excited about playing with new ones. He's always trying to sit up and he just LOOOOVES bouncing on my lap. He has the sweetest relationship with Sean. It makes Sean extremely happy and proud. The other day Isaac kept whining every time Sean walked out of sight. Sean loved this and kept walking out of the room until I put an end to it. Don't think I'm a party pooper...this was after the 10th or 11th time :)
At around 5 months Isaac was getting up a few times during the night, and Sean and I were in need of a quick fix. He had done so well up to this point. We figured he was wanting our attention and wanted to have us around. We were exhausted in the morning (it probably didn't help that we were staying up a little past our bedtimes! :) So, we bit the bullet and decided to try the "cry it out" method. After many pep talks from our friends (thank you!) we put him down at night and promised each other that we'd ride the wave and see what came of it. Little did we know, but that night we had several tornado warnings, and it was thundering and lightning pretty bad. Great. What a perfect night to start! But, Isaac managed to fall asleep after a loooong while and slept 'til morning. And then the next day, he cried less and slept 'til morning, and then the next night he didn't wake up at all. Can we get a hallelujah?
I think I might just curl up in a ball and cry when we have to turn the clocks back one hour. As my friend Becky says, "I have to photosynthesize!" I agree! I am determined to find ways to take Isaac on walks in the dead of winter. Perhaps I can get a space heater, enclose his stroller and put it inside. Or better yet, I can put Isaac in 3 snowsuits and one of those scary masks that burglars wear. That should do it.
2 comments:
Calet is almost 11 months and still won't sleep through the night. I would love to let her cry it out, but I doubt our renters would love it. Maybe I should. I'm ridiculously sleep deprived.
Wahoo for you! Jacie is 7 months and will sleep through the night once in awhile. I should try the cry it out thing again. IT was miserable the first time. She cried for 45 minutes before I gave in. Same thing the next night. one of these days...
Post a Comment