Wednesday, November 28, 2007

THANKSGIVING IN NY


Thanksgiving was a blast. Besides the great food, it was so nice to be around family!! To preface the entire trip, let me explain what happened in the days before we took off for our drive to N.Y. Sean was super busy with school...managing to sleep only a few hours each night so that he could study for his exams. Isaac woke up one night with a barking cough, which I knew had to be croup. He was miserable. I bundled him up in three big blankets, went out on our patio at 1 a.m. and let him breathe in the cool air for about 40 minutes. I must say, it was nice being out there all bundled up with not a sound in the air (except for Isaac's "Darth Vader" breathing.) On top of it all, Sean was getting sick too. He went to the doctor's office and found out he had strep throat. So I made a guess as to what was going to happen to me come....oh....Thanksgiving Day. I was going to get sick. Thank goodness my cold didn't begin until after I ate my food because I would have probably cried if I couldn't taste it! After the meal we played SUPER Scrabble and regular Scrabble. Scrabble is a HUGE game in our family. You can basically be disowned by putting down a horrible word that gets the entire game started off on the wrong foot. We also played Guitar hero and Rock Band...It was sooooooo much fun!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Dude, you guys are serious Scrabbler's...you have "radon" on your board! Nice! I hope the family is feeling better, Jeannette.

Judaloo said...

Sounds like your holiday was a lot like ours, tons of fun! Ican't believe the two babies are 6 months apart. What a big adorable boy you have. Hope you are all feeling better...

Livingstons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brynn said...

I'm glad you guys are back and I'm sorry to hear that you were a bunch of sickies! I'm going to have to get my dad the SUPER SCRABBLE game because, we too are scrabble junkies. See you at the Big M!