Isaac got this super cool scooter from Grandma and Grandpa Neal. It was one of his Christmas presents, but we really didn't have enough room in our suitcases to bring it home to Michigan! So they were kind enough to put it in the mail. It arrived a few days ago and Isaac is looooovin' it. Isn't this the coolest bike you've ever seen?! I can push him from behind which is fun for me. We do laps in our kitchen and living room for awhile. Isaac is getting into just about everything lately. He does the crocodile death roll in my arms 24-7, and continues to chew on everything in sight. Ironically, he still doesn't have any teeth:) maybe one of these days he'll get a little snaggletooth. I'm in no hurry to have bite marks on his crib, toys, my arms....
He's so funny when he wakes up lately. All I hear is this banging noise, which is him either kicking or headbutting the slats of his crib. As soon as i enter his room, he sticks his arm out between the slats like, "Get me out of here!" I can usually buy about 10 extra minutes of time once I hear him getting up from his naps. It's like, "Oh no...I still haven't fill-in-the-blank" and I quickly go and do it before my leech gets out of the crib.
So he's in the stage where he's exactly that: a leech. It's really funny, but it makes for getting things done while he's awake pretty difficult. I try and not complain about it too much because I know that once he hits the age where he finds out giving your mom a hug is so not cool, I'll wish for all of these moments. He's the best slobbery kisser. Not only do I get the drool from his mouth but I've been fortunate to get his runny nose on my face as well when he kisses me. Yum.
He's hitting a few milestones. Obviously crawling, saying "Ma Ma, Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da, Ba! and Mmmm (when he's eating.) He hates his carseat (is this a milestone??) hates sitting in the grocery cart (until I pull out my phone, then he is O.K.) He hates anything that straps him down. Hmmm....maybe he hasn't realized yet that his scooter has straps! He cries when I take anything out of his hand, he's eating more solid foods, smiling, standing up against the couches, and most recently he waves "Bye-Bye" So cute. I think this is one of my favorites thus far. His hand gets all funny looking when he tries to wave. Oh yeah, he also can throw a ball. Well, not throw, but we've been having fun rolling the ball to each other and he really does try!
I'm having a really hard time with the snowy weather. Normally I don't mind snowy weather, but now that I have Isaac, I wish for more days of sunshine or at least warmer weather where I could take him on some walks. He's not old enough to really enjoy being out in the snow, so we hang out inside for the majority of the day. Sean's been kind enough to come home around 6 or 7 at night when he can, so I save a lot of my errands until then.

2 comments:
That looks so fun!
Dude, that scooter is SWEET!! I love it!
Post a Comment