Monday, March 10, 2008

ARIZONA!


This is one of my favorite pictures of Isaac of all time. Sean and I had the chance to visit my grandmother in Phoenix this past week. It was beyond enjoyable. 70 degree weather, birds chirping, vegetation...everywhere, the sun, a pool, and so much more. We hadn't seen my Nonna in so long so this was such a treat for us. The only thing we wished for at the end of the trip was more time! Plus, we missed Bingo night but just a few hours. Dang it! I seriously LOOOOVE playing bingo with my Nonna. it's like serious exercise trying to manage 4 boards at once. Do they sell sweatbands at such events? Whether we were watching the Price is Right with my grandma, talking, making food (of course...what else when you're Italian), eating Icecream, going for drives, it was a blast. I feel my body has been revived from the dead cold winter....which we came back to, of course. I thought Isaac would love to play on the grass and just roam around but this first picture is a product of him just touching the grass with his hands. He hated the feeling of the grass! He would put his hands down to start to crawl and would bounce right back up into a sitting position with his hands in the air like this. He obviously didn't think it was funny.
Second great Isaac picture. He is talking soooo much these days. Not actual words, but he does know how to say Ba-Ba, and Um-um (for food) and he certainly grunts like an animal when he wants more food. Our pack 'n Play came in really handy for the times when Isaac wanted to climb up on all of my grandma's stuff, but I couldn't constantly go over to watch him because I was helping my Nonna cook. So, I caught him laughing and smiling by himself while we worked in the other room. So funny.

3 comments:

Livingstons said...

So jealous - Arizona!?! Not saying it's not comparable to Hawaii, but even Arizona sounds like paradise right now. I'm sure Isaac thinks you're holding back all this outside stuff...

Becky said...

For some reason, some of the pictures weren't coming up for me. Isn't Bingo the best?! We used to play it this resort behind our house when we were like 10 with a bunch of old people. I actually won a few times. I'm glad you had a great time in AZ. By the way, loved your talk on Sunday. I'm sure you know that there are only 10 commandments, not 12 :) Last time I talked in church I fessed up to throwing american pennies in the trash, I guess that's against the law :)oops. They asked us to talk again in April, aaahhhh!

Kelli said...

You came to Arizona and didn't call us? I'm so bummed. I had no idea you were coming! We {HEART} our state!