Monday, March 17, 2008

IN LOVING MEMORY OF NONNA

I can't even begin to explain how very hard this is to accept, especially after just visiting with her only a week ago. Just last Friday, my Nonna passed away in her sleep, peacefully leaving this world to be with my Nonno. I am so grateful to have been able to visit with her during her last days of life and to see her so happy, laughing, and enjoying herself. In hindsight, I think it was a perfect way to leave this life behind. We took her to her husband's grave one last time, we brought her to see her sister, we reminisced about her past, her sisters, my Nonno, and many other events in her life. I am so thankful to have known such an incredible woman and to be able to call her my grandmother. I am thankful she took the step to immigrate here many years ago and begin a new chapter in her life which eventually brought us all here years later. I am thankful for the person she was and the joy she brought into all of our lives. Ti Amo Nonna.



7 comments:

Carrie said...

Jeannette, I am sorry to hear of your Grandmother's death. How much more precious is it that you got to spend recent time with her and your family! You and your family are in my prayers.

Brynn said...

Oh Jeannette! I too am sorry to hear about Nonna! I am so glad that you got to be with her just last week and that Isaac got to meet her and that you had a wonderful visit! You'll be in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Jeannette, I am so sorry to hear about you Nona. It's so great that you got to visit her and spend that time with her. I'm sure that she was so excited to see your Nono again though and tell him all about Isaac, their cute great grandson. I know how fun (funny) Nona's are and she will be missed. You and your family will be in our prayers. We love you.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I am glad that you had a chance to see her, and create some special memories.

Kelli said...

What a blessing for both you and Nonna. I'm sure she loved seeing all of you, especially Isaac!

Becky said...

It really is amazing that you got to visit her before her death. Wow. I'm sorry for your loss. It seems like she led a wonderful life and was loved and gave love to her family from what you told me of her.

Anonymous said...

She couldn't have had a better week before her passing. She was so happy to see all of you and to meet Isaac!!! She loved seeing all of you so much. What wonderful pictures you have of that week. I will always be grateful that you were able to go there with your family. Thank Sean for me too!! Love mom