Tuesday, March 18, 2008

REQUEST FOR NEW MUSIC!!

I use to work at the GAP when I was in High School, and I would have to hear the same tape of music played over and over again in the store for a month. They would send a new tape/CD (I can't remember which, seeing that it was awhile ago!!) every month, but for the entire month, when one song would end, I'd know the exact song that was about to play before it even began. It was sad! I'd go home singing "Crimson and Clover" and to this day, if I hear that song, my mind wanders back to days of folding clothes and smelling like metal hangers:)

I have a good mix of songs on my i-Pod for my workouts, but lately I'm sensing the "GAP experience." I need some new stuff to listen to so that I don't repeat my past!! I love any type of music; rock, rap, hip-hop, alternative, pop, country, you name it...as long as it has a good beat for running and keeps me moving, I'll enjoy it. So, for all of you out there who have some good songs up your sleeves, PLEASE leave me a comment in the comment box so I can begin purchasing some songs!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Music...hmmm, I need some new stuff too. Stuff that I've liked to keep me going...these might not interest you, but maybe...
Lightening Seeds
Rascal Flats, Faith Hill
Roxette, Nelson, U2
Queen, Billy Joel,
ABBA, 80's music, INXS, REM,...
If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I too seek a change in tunes.

Anonymous said...

-Leona Lewis is great
-Girls Aloud- fun, energetic music
-Corrs
-Robin Thicke
-Natasha Bedingfield
-Santana
Sorry if those seem "teeny bopper" but if you look on iTunes Top 100 you can see the best selling songs and get some ideas that way.
Good luck! :)

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Did you like the music group Creed? Well, most of their band members formed a new band called Alterbridge. I love them. You could borrow my CD's if you wanted to hear some of their songs.

Unknown said...

I've been trying to think of music that would be good to work out to. My favorite artist are Jack Johnson and The Beatles (that's pretty much all the music I put on our blog). They both have some upbeat stuff, but Jack Johnson is mostly kinda mellow though. Justin Timberlake and his Bringing Sexy Back album has some good upbeat workout music (Yup I still listen to Justin sometimes!) Girlfriend by Avril Lavine, Switch and a bunch of other songs by Will Smith, you could always go old school to DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince!, Crazy by Gnarles Barkley. I'm sure there's more I could think of, but I'll just put this for now.