AUTOMATIC CAR WASH:
I've tried to save a quarter or two one too many times by trying to wash my car in the freezing weather in Michigan. I'd literally bundle up and go to the Self-Serve car wash station and within 2 minutes of spraying the car I felt like I had frost bite. So, I now spend the extra $2.00 to stay nice and warm in my car and get all of the road salt and other nastiness off of my car. Warning: Not a good idea to introduce this to a young baby. May freak them out-big time. :)

MOONLIGHT PATH LOTION:
I've never been the type of person who likes to wear perfume, except for special occassions. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have, but I always forget at the last minute. I use to work with a girl years ago at a flower shop in Utah who, whenever she walked in, she had a very clean, fresh smell (is this weird to say something like this?) I thought when I asked her what perfume she was wearing, she was going to say something fancy, but she said she was wearing "Moonlight Path" from Bath and Body Works. Sweet! Now I keep a travel size bottle in my diaper bag/purse and put it on when I remember:) It's the only type of smelly stuff I've worn for the past couple of years.
I've tried to save a quarter or two one too many times by trying to wash my car in the freezing weather in Michigan. I'd literally bundle up and go to the Self-Serve car wash station and within 2 minutes of spraying the car I felt like I had frost bite. So, I now spend the extra $2.00 to stay nice and warm in my car and get all of the road salt and other nastiness off of my car. Warning: Not a good idea to introduce this to a young baby. May freak them out-big time. :)

MOONLIGHT PATH LOTION:
I've never been the type of person who likes to wear perfume, except for special occassions. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have, but I always forget at the last minute. I use to work with a girl years ago at a flower shop in Utah who, whenever she walked in, she had a very clean, fresh smell (is this weird to say something like this?) I thought when I asked her what perfume she was wearing, she was going to say something fancy, but she said she was wearing "Moonlight Path" from Bath and Body Works. Sweet! Now I keep a travel size bottle in my diaper bag/purse and put it on when I remember:) It's the only type of smelly stuff I've worn for the past couple of years.

MICRON PENS:
I use to only use these pens for when I would draw, but they quickly became a staple for me. They come in many different colors, but I only like using the archival black. The best thing about them is that they come in many different point sizes. I love the .02 size. I bring these pens to every museum to sketch and I brought them to Italy to draw in my little travel book. They last forever and do not fade over time.

STAMPS:
I've collected stamps since I was a young girl. Who knows how many I have! The best thing about them is that they are from all over the world! Many of my friends served missions for my church when I was in college, so I was fortunate enough to get a ton of really cool stamps from all over the place: Australia, Italy, Africa, England, Brazil, Argentina.... I plan on making a series of art out them.


5 comments:
Pens and automatic car washes, two great inventions. I too love those Micron pens. Did I tell you that when ever I have that incredible urge to buy something I will sometimes buy a pen to appease that urge. I have a LOT of pens by the way. Maybe I need therapy.
Great post Jeannette. There are some things on there Mandy and I will have to try out. Plus, what a cool way to keep a journal of your favorite stuff. Speaking of, you probably already know about blurb.com. Some friends have been telling us about it. Apparently blurb.com will dump your entire blog into a book. You can customize it with backgrounds and stuff. Then you order it. It doesn't cost very much and it gives you a permanent record of your blog.
Great post Jeannette! My roomates and I would watch that Kevin James act over and over and over and I would be crying by the end. It is definitly my favorite too! I've tried to buy it a few times, but it's out of print and on EBay it's at least $150...Jaron obviously would NEVER go along with spending that :) We have a Maggiano's here, but have never tried it - we'll have to on date night.
Jeannette- I loved your list so I decided to do one on my blog. That was a really fun way to get to know more about you!
Love, Mandy
Sean and Jeanette,
Hey this is Josh Aston all the way from Burley, Idaho! I found your blog through Jerry and Mandy who did some sherlock holmes investigating and found our blog. I just want to say I also love the office. I am always quoting it with the kids at school and they don't get it. Anyway, my wife Adele (formerly Leavitt) lived in upper state New York for a summer and got to know your sister Fran back in the summer of 1998. Crazy small world, huh? Anyway, this is a really long comment so I will end it.
Josh
Post a Comment