Friday, March 28, 2008

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS!

I have no clue why I'm doing a post like this. I always love when people recommend things to me, and I guess over the years, I've gathered a list of "Favorites" of my own that I thought I'd share. And althought this isn't a "TAG" sort of post, I'd still love to see what some of your favorite things are on your blog, if you have a blog. I'll check to see if any of you take me up on this! Anyway, enjoy. This took forever to post, but it was atually really fun for me to do!
MAGGIANO'S LITTLE ITALY RESTAURANT:
If you are lucky enough to live in an area that has this restaurant nearby, you have to try it out. But beware, in order to fully enjoy yourself at this restaurant, you have to order the $25 meal that comes with 2 appetizers, 2 entres, a salad of choice and a dessert...PER PERSON!!! It's a ton of food, I know, but we always leave with 3 bags of leftovers that gets us through about 3 additional dinners for the following evenings. They have such a great selection of food, and it's Italian (go figure.) So, if you do go, just starve yourself for 3 days beforehand and enjoy eating a ton for one great experience!!
KEVIN JAMES: "Sweat the Small Stuff" Comedy Act:
Holy hilarious. I love Kevin James. This is an act from before he was "famous" for his acting roles. It plays on Comedy Central quite often, but I bet you can get your hands on this skit some other way. It's very clean and appropriate, which is a plus.

Maclaren Easy Traveller Stroller:

This thing was the best piece of baby equipment we invested in...HANDS DOWN. We travel a lot, and this stroller contraption was the best thing to travel with. It folds up like an umbrella store (those small tiny strollers) and they handles are tall so you don't have to scrunch over like many of us have to do that are over 5'5. Tons of people would stop us in the airports, malls, on walks to ask about this thing. I have done about 3 separate demonstrations for people who want to see it fold up, and then their mouths drop when they see how skinny and small it is. We knew we needed something like this for the airport, and we just happened to find this on clearance at Babies R Us because someone had returned it from an online purchase. There are others like it, but nothing beats this brand. Your car seat can go in forward facing, or backwards, and it fits ALL brands of carseats. The compartment underneath is ginormous!! I never used Isaac's big stroller until he was about 7 months old because I had this.

PROJECT RUNWAY:

Don't make fun of me. I love this show. It sounds like it would be about learning how to be a model...wrong! It's a competition between up-and-coming designers who have to create clothes based on a particular theme or challenge. I personally thought Jillian should have won, but Christian's stuff was pretty tough to beat. It's on Bravo.

VIVA PAPER TOWELS:

I tried a bazillion different types of paper towels in order to find one that actually worked. These might cost a few cents more, but they are worth it because you will go through about half of the amount you use to go through. I can sometimes use only one or two per day. They are really strong and super absorbent!

No comments: