Saturday, April 26, 2008

OUR BIRTHDAY BOY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!!!

Well, it's not actually 'til the 28th, but we got started pretty early with the celebrating. I haven't posted much in awhile because I knew I would have this beast of a post to do. I guess I could only put a picture or two, but the whole reason behind our blog is to share some special moments with those who couldn't be with us. So hopefully you feel like you were at our table with us celebrating his birthday!:) First off, I seriously have no clue how moms put together crazy themed parties. You might think that I put a lot of time and effort into his party, but really all I did was hit the dollar aisle at Target and grabbed some goodies to make it one colorful event. The Hawaiian idea was probably more my idea than anything else; perhaps because I was sick of the nasty weather. I was pooped by the end of his special day. All I wanted to do was take a ginormous nap. What makes moms insane enough to do themed parties? :) We ended up having wonderful weather the entire week, and we added a tropical flair by playing some tropical/Hawaiian music. We had such a great week with my family. Grandma and Grandpa Masino, Aunt V and her three kids (cousins Isabel, Michael and janie) and my bro Bryan all made the 8+ hour trek from Upstate New York to spend time with us. We were so spoiled by their company! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING!!

Isaac was in a pretty funny mood during his party. He had no clue what was going on, but he sure did love his balloons that Grandma went and bought for his party. They're still floating aimlessly around our apartment. In fact, I was walking through our apartment one night when all of the lights were off (had to check on Isaac because he was coughing) and saw these out of the corner of my eye and I seriously yelled the loudest yell in my throat. My heart dropped down to my toes. If you know me, rule #1-never scare me. To this day, Sean knows not to scare me...EVER, because I told him I'd probably punch him in the face and I wouldn't feel sorry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah no scaring me either. You remember what happens right!? Good times.