
Ahhhh....a moment of silence (other than the humming sound coming from my parents' computer.) Isaac is down for the night after a pretty interesting day. His top teeth are taking forever to to come down, and I think they've finally released their pain. That, and it probably doesn't help that within the last two weeks, we've been in three different time zones, 3 different states (duh),4 different cribs/port-a-cribs, 4 plane rides, a 7 hour drive to New York and most recently, a nice ooey-gooey green slimy cold that is running from his nose. Poor baby. I seriously feel for the little guy. But nonetheless, he has been such a trooper through it all only having the occasional meltdowns. I wish I knew how to smile as much as he does, even when the going gets tough!:)
I still have yet to post pictures from the first leg of our trip (Salt Lake) only because I wasn't home long enough in between this past trip and the trip I'm currently on, so I apologize. Just know that there is a ton coming when I get back to Michigan!
After Salt Lake we headed up to visit Sean's family in good 'ole Yakima, or as Sean likes to call it, Yakivegas. Don't know why. We had such a great time just hanging out with everyone and allowing them to get to know Isaac a little better. He was quite the funny man with everyone, and he certainly enjoyed whomever would push him on the swings!! :)
After a day of resting, we headed to Portland to visit the zoo with Chris and Melissa's kids and Sean's parents. They were all willing and wanting to push Isaac in his stroller, especially the kiddos but unfortunately Isaac had other plans! He is now Mr. Independent and it's challenging to coax him over to his stroller without a good back arch and a "HEEEEELP!" cry (from him, not from me:) Portland is such a beautiful city!! The Northwest has some of the prettiest cities I have ever visited. (No, I have not been to Forks, for those of you who might be wondering out there. Wink, wink.)
We had a great time playing cards and other games, watching some NBA finals, going to two movies (The Hulk and Kung Fu Panda, both really good) visiting Grandpa Neal at work, going on walks, enjoying Mom's amazing meals and swimming in the pool at Grandpa and Grandma Neal's house!! So fun! Thank you for such a great time! I'm so thankful to have such great in-laws!! I wish I had a couple more days to visit with everyone, but the party's gotta' end sooner or later:)
Next up, my travel log from my current trip: New York.
Until then, enjoy the breakdown of my 3-1/2 hour flight back home from Salt Lake to Detroit:
Number of empty seats on the plane: 2, I was able to request one of them so I had more room to spread out with Isaac
Number of Baby Einstein movies watched: 2 (that's pretty dang good in my eyes!! They only last 30 minutes each, and during each one, he was eating)
Number of diapers changed: 0-thank goodness he had a poopy diaper right before we boarded. I hate having to worry about where to change a diaper on a germ-infested plane
Number of close calls: 5, 241 I hate chugging water, but when you have a baby who wants nothing but your cup, you're forced to drink fast...really fast.
Number of walks up and down the plane aisle: 2, each one included 2 trips (to the front and back.) This was his favorite. He smiled and waved to just about everyone, and managed to pat the arms of those who were trying to sleep. Woops!
Number of naps: 1-WAHOO! I was grateful to even get that out of him. 45 minute of bliss (minus the sore arm muscles.)
Number of clothing items completely filthy by the time we landed: I don't know the exact number, but ALL of them. They should really think about making parent bibs that are more like smocks. I could have really really used it.
Number of books I read to Isaac: about 5, but each one was read about 20 times. Ask me to recite the entire Dr. Seuss "Foot Book" the next time you see me:)
Overall, this trip was absolute bliss! I couldn't have asked for better plane rides, better company or better experiences!!
4 comments:
That sounds like a great trip, with or without your trip to Forks :) We saw Kung Fu Panda too and laughed as hard as the teenage boys sitting by us. Thanks to the movie, I've had to ask the boys to not talk about their "tenders" now. Ugh!
Well, there are no updates in our life and we have no clue about our near future, but the moment we get one, I will let you know. Miss you guys!!!
I LOVE Yakima! Did you eat some asparagus for me? Mmmm... I can't wait to get back there.
My grandma made me some awesome bibs. There are made from big dish towels, so they cover the entire front of the baby and it goes down to their pants. They are the only ones I use. I have a pattern if you are interested. :)
The foot book is one of Davis' favorites as well, especially the page with "slooooooooow feet, quick feet". Nowadays he just flips the pages until we get to that one. Miss you guys. Eric
You really are an inspiration to me!!! I'm flying with Beck in September, and I already have anxiety! Isaac is quite the jet-setter. I might ask you to remind me of all your flying tips, but it's sounding like Isaac has a better attention span than Beck! "Reading a book" usually means him flipping through a few pages and then throwing it. :) He also won't sit for a movie. Maybe I should start training him!
Post a Comment