Wednesday, July 30, 2008

For the Faithful Fans. I consider myself on team Edwob (get it?!)

For those of you who have still not read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, ugggghhh...my heart aches for you!

In just a few days, the fourth and final book comes out, and I'm just about as eager (if not more!!) as I was when I anticipated the 7th Harry Potter book.

I've seen a few of Stephenie Meyer's interview, ones in which she talks about her crazy fans....and although I think I'm a HUUUUUGE fan of the books, I wouldn't say I'm the type to dress up like Bella for the midnight revealing of the book.

However...

I have started a silly little project as of two days ago. I got talking to my sis Fran about the books, and I was telling her how excited I was for the movie to come out. I also explained that I always find it interesting how the stage director or the Production manager, whatever the name is, creates the scenes which he had in his/her head. I'm always slightly disappointed whenever I read a book and then go to the movie to find that it wasn't like how I imagined it in my head.

So, I started sketching the other night. Fran and I were talking about what Charlie's house looks like in our heads. We were almost exactly on the same page, except for the fact that she pictured the kitchen on the right (when you walk through the front door) and I picture it on the left, near the narrow wood stairs that lead up to Bella and Charlie's room. So, I started sketching the inside and outside of Charlies house, the school, inside Bella's room (which I picture have a slanted ceiling right over her bed, and when you enter her room, her bed is on the left and her computer is on the right and the window straight ahead) Jacob's house, his living room and of course the Cullen's house. I'm interested to see if anything I sketch is similar to what my sisters (or anyone) had pictured. I think it is truly amazing that writers can open our imaginations in such a way. For this reason I absolutely love to read. I feel like I am a more creative person, and a more imaginative one as well.

Anyway, for those of you who will be in your pj's for the entire Saturday and Sunday in order to read, I bid you farewell for a short time:) I have all of my guesses lined up in a row as far as what is going to happen!!

7 comments:

Allery said...

I want to see you sketches! I can picture it clearly in my head right now! :)

Becky said...

I too want to see your sketches. I may have to make a few of my own and email you mine.
I will be cloistered in some room away from all until I am done. I pick up my book from Hastings at midnight with my sister. I will not communicate with anyone who might ruin the book for me. Break open the 6 pack of Diet Coke baby!
Yes, we shall see which of our theories are right.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I would love to see your sketches! It is going to be very interesting to see how they do the movie.
Less than two days! I can't wait!

Melisa said...

I want to see the sketches! The kitchen is on the right in my head. I will be checking out of reality on Saturday and hope to be normal (and sleep deprived) by Sunday morning. :)

Unknown said...

I picture the kitchen on the left and the family room on the right with the stairs facing away from the front door so that from the front door you can see the slant in the ceiling from them. Anyways. I'm going to the Barnes and Nobles book release party with my sister in law and her friend and I am so excited. I have one on reserve there, but I'll probably get the book from Walmart, because thats where I got the Harry Potter books because no one thinks to go there for the books and there were stacks of them. Hopefully it'll work again this year! I'm so excited!

Natalie said...

I am not a Twilight fan (being an English major ruined me and now I hate reading!), but I'm excited for you and all my other wardies who are going to be bookworms this weekend! You should post your sketches, aaaannnddd....you should dress up like Bella. You can't deny that you dressed up like Hermione when you bought the last HP installment. Just kidding! :)

Becky said...

Yes, it took me a second to get the team Edwob, but lately everything takes a second or more to figure out. I just read your comment on my Breaking Dawn blog entry. It's so hard to decide which of the books I liked best. Overall I'd have to say they as a whole get a 5. There are pieces of each book that I just loved making it hard to settle on just one. Though, Eclipse really had a good, interesting, and always active story line. But there are several parts of this one that I loved because they brought certain subjects to a close, i.e. intimacy, Jacobs happiness, Charlie and Sue :), the Volturi, though Chris and I both thought a fight would have been fun, of course the wedding and the whole point of becoming a vampire. Why write the story if she doesn't become a vampire?! We should talk, this is probably going to take up a big chunk of your comments section, sorry.