So, if you've talked to me on the phone over the past 6 or 7 months, you might have either a.) heard a strange, annoying echo b.)had to have me call you back once I wasn't in a public place because the only way I could hear anything was to put people on speakerphone, or c.)been a saint to not say anything at all, and just put up with my ghetto phone. It really isn't a ghetto phone at all. I have only had it for just over a year and it served its short life rather valiantly. It's taken several beatings from countless drops on cement, hard wood floor, and many other hard surfaces, and it survived the 4-6 month period during which Isaac loved to chew on my phone. His toothless grin wasn't the real problem; it was his drool that really started the downward slope to this phone. Soon enough, I couldn't hear anything out of my phone (even after trying to clean it up and all that jazz) and to my dismay, I HAD to use the speakerphone. I know...speaker phone is SUPER annoying, especially when you are on the receiving end. I apologize!!So, I thought my luck had changed when suddenly, Poof! Out of the blue...I could hear voices. (Hmm...that just made me sound like someone who needs a session with a psychologist.) It was a wonderful couple of days, but that was about it. And then my luck ran out, and it was back to speakerphone.
I went to the Verizon store and started the search for a new phone. I have been wanting something like a PDA/phone for awhile, and instead I decided on the WONDERFUL, INCREDIBLE, super-handy Blackberry. I'm not the tech-iest person in the world, but it has already made my life so much easier to have EVERYthing at the touch of a button (or trackball, for this matter.) I ended up buying it on the verizon.com website because they were having a great sale. Internet, addresses, phone numbers, great calendar options, and daily task lists are just a few of the many functions I use on a daily basis. I got the green light from my dear friend Julie who told me that there wasn't any static, echo or anything like that while we talked last night. HOORAY!
3 comments:
Well, Jeanette, I'm glad to see you've finally ditched the South-Lansing-style speaker phone (since EVERYONE wants to hear your conversations with everyone else, just like the 'hood figgas in my old complex)! No, just kidding, but seriously, your phone looks amazing and I think you've convincend me to switch over to the uber-tech side and buy a Blackberry. Hooray for progress!
Soooo jealous! My PDA phone is so dying and I desperately need a new one. I was looking into Blackberry as well. It sounds like you are giving it a rave review. Any suggestions?
That is quite a lovely phone and I'm glad you finally got a new one as it seems this has been a very long lasting problem. I remember thinking my phone had problems when I talked to you or maybe my ears were worse off than I thought. What a relief to know it wasn't me but you :)
Post a Comment