Saturday, September 13, 2008

A RAINY but GREAT Saturday

I'm wrapping up a good Saturday and just noticed....hey, it hasn't stopped raining since 6:00 this morning. Who knows, it might have been earlier than that! I have never in my life seen a day go by where it has done this. I mean, seriously, it hasn't stopped for even a minute. We can't imagine how horrific the scene must be like in the regions hit by Hurrican Ike. What a devestating thing to happen.

Today I ran a 5K up in Grand Blanc, which was a lot of fun...sort of. The run went really well, but I'm not use to running in completely soggy socks, shoes, shorts and shirtto the point where everytime I stepped, I could hear the water squish in my shoes! Sean and I had been planning on doing it together, but he had a last minute meeting. So, I ventured up by myself, cranked up some music on the good ole' i-pod and came in completely drenched head to toe at the end of the race. Combine the wetness with the humidity, and it equaled a ton of people huffing and puffing for the duration of the race. Thank you Allery and Matt for watching Isaac!

Afterwards, I headed back to Milford, put Isaac down for a nap, got in some comfy dry clothes and vegged. Later on, we went out with some friends from Lansing, Elaine and Jordan, who came all the way over here so we could eat out at California Pizza Kitchen, at their request. No arguments from us! We LOVE that place:) It was great to see you guys!

And after a good day like this (minus the constant heavy rain) what better way to end the day than with a huge welcome home hug from Isaac. I'm glad he's getting better at giving out hugs:)

5 comments:

Melisa said...

I seriously cannot believe that it hasn't stopped rainging at all. Isn't that nuts?! I'm so glad we got our yard fixed so our basement doesn't flood again. I'm still nervous, but as of yet, it hasn't flooded. Ugh.

You are so awesome for running a marathon in the rain. I love walking in the rain, but running in the rain is a whole different experience!

Sean and Jeannette said...

Uhhhh, not quite a marathon:) About 7x shorter in distance, but it was still fun, nonetheless. Maybe someday I'll get to that point, but I don't see that anywhere in my near future;)

Natalie said...

Look at you, Mrs. Dash! I'm proud of you for even attempting to run in a soggy storm, and even more for finishing! That's awesome and I'm glad it went well. I can't wait to see you in a month!

Becky said...

That description of getting out of wet icky cloths and into warm dry stuff is such a memory starter, especially from my experience in MI.
I like 5k's, 10k's are o.k., but 5, ya, that's a nice run, not that I could do it in my current physical state, but, ya, someday. I need Mr. Motivational Speaker to get over here and get me movin'! You are the woman!

Darcee said...

Nice work for running in the rain! The one race I did like that I paid for it with some lovely chaffing. Not a pretty sight! Way to go!!! I soooo wish we lived closer so we could do stuff like that together. Sigh...