Saturday, October 25, 2008

FOR THE LOVE...OF UTAH

If I was someone whose job description would be to travel around the world and rate all of the places I visited, Utah would get a 10 out of 10. It is one of the most diverse, naturally beautiful states in the U.S. To the north, you have the beautiful lakes, and valleys. To the south, you have the famous Red Rock and Zion's National Park. And in between you have the most breathtaking mountains that stretch as far as the eye can see. I wish I was exaggerating (I might lose my pretend job if this were the case!) but I'm not. I know Utah screams Mormons, of which I am, but you will never find such friendly people, good food, amazing skiing, untouched landscapes all in one place. And incredibly talented people at that! Hello, nearly 95% of the dancers and performers in the Utah Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony were cast from Utah. Everybody is an accomplished pianist, violinist, singer, dancer, performer, artist...you name it. My less-than-crafty side of me got the best of me when I even attempted to "scrapbook" next to the most intense scrapbookers known to man. I may be artsy, but I'm really struggling on the crafty side!

This is getting way too long. All I wanted to say was that for those of you who haven't visited this incredible state, I say book a trip and do it sometime in the next 10 years. You will wonder why you didn't do it sooner! All of these pictures were from a hike my sister and I did on Saturday morning. We hiked up to Stewart Falls and enjoyed a packed lunch at the waterfall. Yum! By the way, you can tell which of these pictures needs a tripod in order to avoid hand shake:)
Photobucket