Megan, this one's for you! :O)
So, the last time I did a post like this, I fooled a bunch of close friends and family into 5 FAKE things about me. And then I was kind enough to post 5 real things about me. I consider myself a pretty average, down-to-earth type of person, so it was REALLY fun to come up with the fake ones:)
For now, I'm going to just write a few things about me that probably nobody knows. A lot of my blog readers know me pretty well, but I wanted to make sure these 8 things were things that would allow you to "get to know me" better:)
1. I'm obsessed with pens. (Agent B, I'm convinced this is one of the MANY reasons we connected as friends so quickly!) There is nothing worse than a bad pen (okay, I'm exagerating.) It has to write smooth, not clump, not smear, and it can't be a bulky-sized pen. I hardly ever use blue ink, and I am not a fan of Sharpies other than to label something because they bleed through the page. So, what is my #1 favorite type of pen? Uni-ball Jetstream Fine Point Pens. Oooooooooh, soooo nice! The "Jetstream" allows them to be smear resistant, AND they write so smoothly. I'm also a huge fan of Micron Pens, which I often use to sketch or use to address a letter (snail mail style.)
2. I am a huge believer in the power of "word of mouth." If someone tells me a restaurant is good, 99% of the time, I make sure to try it out. When we went on our Kauai and Italy trips a few years ago, I gladly welcomed any recommendations from people who had been there before. "Make sure you __________" "You have to try the Gelato on ______ St. near the Pantheon." "Go to Bubba's Burger in Kauai on your way up to hike the Na'Pali Trail." "Don't waste your money on_________." In a sense, it's somewhat frustrating when people ask for any recommendations and I take the time to make a good list of things, and then I find out they didn't do ANY of them. Oh well! On the opposite side, I'm THRILLED when people do or see places I've been to and have great experiences as well! It's always fun to talk about similar experiences.
3. I'M. NOT. CRAFTY. Somehow I got the art gene, but not the crafty gene. I often wonder how that is possible! Because I'm an artist, people always think I can do anything crafty. I was always asked to write things on the white board for the Principal at the HS I taught at, and I know she would think it would take me a brief second in time. But it didn't! It takes me awhile to do something crafty. Ironically, I'm working on a cross-stitch right now of the state of NY (and then on to Washington) and then my friend Maria is helping me knit baby blankets! I'm so excited. I'm always up for crafts, but really...I'm not good.
4. I'm obsessed with patterns. This is why Diane von Furstenberg is one of my favorite designers. Not that I could ever afford her clothes, but I love how she is such a risk-taker and treats clothing like a canvas. I love fabrics with great patterns, clothing, pillows, wrapping paper, you name it!
5. Drawing started at a really young age! My sister Jessy and I have journals filled with drawings of horses, houses, flowers, etc. We would draw a random squiggle on a chalkboard, and make it into an object. And we would draw pie assembly lines:) We were always drawing. I would always doodle on my papers in school, even in college, and I told my students that doodling was okay to do while I was teaching them because I was living proof that you could still get good grades and listen while doodling:)
6. I make myself way too busy. Whoever said that being a stay-at-home mom was sitting around, eating, doing nothing has to go see a doctor:) My photography has kept me insanely busy! But even before this, I always put way too much on my plate. It's probably not the greatest quality about myself, but I think a lot of women (and guys!) are guilty of doing this.
7. I'm FREAKED out by open water. Sean doesn't let me watch "Shark Week" anymore on Discovery channel because it just ends up fueling my phobia of sharks in the ocean. This is a weird phobia of mine, because although I'm scared of being out in the middle of the ocean, that is exactly what we did when we were in Kauai out on a rafting excursion out in the Pacific along the Na'Pali coast. Jenny, remember this? Even though we were so far out from the shore, I still jumped in. Peer pressure?! :)
8. I flip my pillow in the middle of the night, not because of drool but because I love the feeling of a cool pillow. My sisters and I use to do this as young girls, and I guess it has remained a habit over the years. Just curious if anyone else besides Masino girls do this???
OK, that's 8. Pretty random, but that's what this tag was called:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Am I Agent B? Or have you been pen-cheating on me?
And correction: There IS nothing worse than a bad pen. Ruins my whole day.
And oh yeah, if I am Agent B, how lame of me to ask. Isn't that the point of code names? I'm hopeless.
I know who Agent B is, and for you fellow Sharpie haters, I found a new Sharpie pen with ink that doesn't bleed. It's not as great as the JetStream, but it gets the job done. :) I love these posts because I like discovering random things about my friends. BTW, I'm a pillow-flipper, too.
Oooh, do tell us Natalie! It's going to take a sweet Sharpie for me to cross over to the dark side of Sharpie Land. And Kelli, your code name is Superwoman. There are more of us pen freaks out there than you might imagine! I am so glad I found an OCD pen lover like you as well! Such things bond us more than a midnight showing of Twilight:) Should I start a blog that blogs only about pens? Hmmmm.... ha!
Agent B must be one awesome girl to be involved in the pagan ritual of Pen Worship. "Take the mighty pen to the paper slab and write upon it, yea, verily, yea. Scribble, scribble, I don't really have anything to write, sayeth she, but I llllove how this pen feels in my hand..."o.k. Agent B. might have some problems. I've heard she also loves to write with a quill and real live ink, you know, right from the octopus, "one more squirt if you please...thank you Octavius."
Post a Comment