Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Someone really needs to invent Teleporting...

I'm doing everything in my power not to complain. So, I'll try not to. Just know that I've been picturing myself at the top of the Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany with a paintbrush and a bowl full of chocolate. Wait, make that Chinese food, but hmmm, that doesn't go with the setting much, does it? And somehow in these daydreams, I picture my hair in two braids, and I'm wearing a little old maid dress humming songs and carrying a bucket full of goat milk back to the barn. Yes, that's about how I picture things right now, especially when I feel like I can't get anything accomplished these days. Wait, does that count towards complaining? Probably.

Lets just say this winter has had its moments, particularly the past few weeks. Isaac and I try to get out of the house as often as possible. Sometimes, I even find myself taking the really looooong way home so that it cuts out another 4 minutes out of the morning. We have such a great time together this winter, going to feed animals, , going to the Hands-On museum in Ann Arbor, going to the YMCA, playing with his trains, going to playgroups (which I think helps me more than Isaac. I love ALL of the moms!) It's just that I'm starting to feel the itch for Spring, and there's no sight of it anywhere. What's really been hard is. Okay, I ended that sentence before it went into a run-on sentence the size of Nebraska that included all of my lame complaints. Sometimes, I just really wish my mom was a little bit closer. A sister. Julie. Old friends. Just anyone that could pry Isaac off of my leg for a second of the day or maybe a fairy godmother that, with the tap of a wand, my house is clean, Isaac doesn't cry for an entire day, and I've actually made it half-way down a to-do list by the end of the day. I knew it was getting bad when I pleaded, yes, pleaded with Isaac this morning to let Mommy go to the bathroom in peace without having him come in, open a drawer, and take out Daddy's razor blades.

Does anyone want to take up a room nearby with me at the Castle? Reservations can be made by leaving a comment under this ridiculous blog entry:)

On a positive note, I'm heading to New York in just under a week to see my family. Hooray! It's been almost 4 months since I've seen any of them, and I'm so excited!! Isaac will get to play with his wonderful cousins, and I'll get a break from being his constant attention. I think he needs time with his cousins, just like I need time with my family.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Your post cracked me up. I know how you feel! I'll take a room in your castle too. Have fun in New York. Its so nice to visit family!!

Kelli said...

You know I'm there.

Melisa said...

Sorry sweetie. It can be really tough.

When you get to the castle, it is worth the money to get a ride to the top. It is WAAAAAAY too far to hike.

Natalie said...

Sign me up for at least a month-long stay, and I think I'd even be excited to milk a goat if it meant my kids would stop throwing fits every minute of the day and I could accomplish things as well. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one having these late-winter blahs. Maybe you should come to Utah again! He he. I miss you!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

We should get together for a playdate. That would help one more day of winter pass by!

Anonymous said...

You DEFINITELY deserve the getaway at the castle! You amaze me all the time!! Isaac is a "MOMMA'S BOY," unfortunately for Jeannette if I take over with Isaac to give her a break she has to be dead silent in the home because if he hears her voice he immediately bolts to her saying "momma, momma, momma" repeatedly until he finds her. She is such an AWESOME mom and wife!

Darcee said...

I am sooo there! How much would I love to join you in the castle! I can't imagine how horrible the winter must be for you there. Maybe you need to make a trip out West again...miss you!

Anonymous said...

I right there with you! This has been the longest winter the earth has ever seen, I swear. And I have no desire or inspiration to take my camera out because of it. It is sad.

THE GANTT LIFE said...

oh look, i see you! :)
you're a crack up. i'm glad you got to spend time with your family this week! i hope it was refreshing.

erintucker81 said...

This is hilarious. When Josh and I were traveling, he kept saying "someone needs to invent teleporting". I checked your blog and was happy to tell him that you share his sentiments :)