
Sean came home Wednesday night as excited as I've seen him in a while (he's in the study-mode these days...not much excitement there!) He told me that he had a 50/50 shot at getting two tickets to the Lakers vs. Pistons game for the following night. Wahoo! That was pretty exciting! So Thursday morning came around and he called me around noon to let me know that we got the tickets. We had SUCH a blast!!
One of the oncologists at Botsford has a suite in the Palace, which is where the Pistons play. He likes to give away a couple of seats to other doctors/residents/students for almost every game. Seriously, what a nice guy! We were completely spoiled being able to do things "suite" style:) Catered food, flat screen tv and couches inside the suite, drinks, and snacks, and then there were seats right outside the suite for us to watch the game. I don't know if we'll ever be able to watch another game there without dreaming of our experience we just had:) We're usually up in row MM seat 20, or something like that...in the nose bleeds:) One of the ladies there told us that for the nose bleeds seats for this particular game against the Lakers were going for $160 and up. Geez!
The first half of the game was amazing. 3 of our best players are out due to injury, and Kobe Bryant wasn't doing so well. The crowd was going crazy! And then on top of it all, the person who was in the half court shooting competition made the shot and won a ton of money, so that was pretty cool too! And then the second half began, and we just got killed. I guess Kobe was taking it pretty easy the first half, and by the end he was seriously on fire. I have to admit that although I'm not the biggest Kobe fan, it was truly amazing to watch him play. Sean leaned over to me and pointed out that he has now seen two of the best b-ball players of all time play: Michael Jordan and Kobe. I love what makes guys happy.
3 comments:
What a fun night! We got to do the same thing a few years ago on Valentine's Day. I still remember it and I felt sooooo spoiled, too.
Way fun! I'm glad you got to have a wonderful night out and watch some b-ball in style. That would be awesome!
You lucky dogs --Skye would have been happy for weeks to do that! :)
Post a Comment