Thursday, April 16, 2009

BLECH...Our blog is going private

Awhile ago, I posted an entry about "crazy people" who are stealing images off of blogs, and so forth. I think I might have called them "creeps" if I remember correctly:) And how important it is to use blogpatrol, which I thankfully use. After countless stories of my friends getting their images stolen off of their blog and posted in "weird" areas on the Internet, I've decided enough is enough.

BlogPatrol has allowed me to check who is viewing our blog, and so forth. Over the past couple of weeks, I'm finding IP addresses that I do not recognize, and I've followed the addresses to image hosting sites, in which I would need a password and an account to view their pictures. I'm seriously praying that our family pictures, most importantly, pictures of Isaac are not ending up on the Internet. As cool as I think it is to have people viewing our blog from Canada, Mexico, and Sweden, I don't know who these people are!!

So, what does this mean? It means if you want to view our blog, I need you to leave me your e-mail address in the comments section, or you can e-mail it to me: jeannette.neal@gmail.com I want all of our friends and family to still view our blog, so PLEASE don't hesitate to leave your info so I can make sure you will have access to what's happening in our lives.

Our blog will be going private in TWO WEEKS. Once it has gone private, you will receive an e-mail stating something like "You have been invited to view Sean and Jeannette's blog" in which you will have to make up a username and password. Just make something up, it's not as complicated as it may sound. Your username could be something like "jonsmith" and your password could be "iamsupercool" ANYTHING. Oh boy, I'm fearing for half of my extended family right now...just picturing them trying to do this.

With this, I would hope that all of you are taking the precautions to being safe with your family blog. There are tons of creeps out there snatching up personal photos every single minute of every single day. If you don't have BlogPatrol, sign up now and start being responsible and educated about who is viewing your blog. It's not worth it to have countless "hits" per day. It's just not. It's about keeping the ones we love safe from Internet predators. OK, so see below where it says "Comments"? Post your e-mail there, or send it to me via my email account. Thanks!

30 comments:

The Taylors said...

please include the taylor fam!!

mandypie AT gmail DOT com

Kelli Bramble said...

You've got mine! Add me, pretty please!

Adele said...

Hey! We'd love to be added:

v UNDERSCORE ballgurl [the number 4] AT hotmail DOT com

Josh's is: kixx DOT aston AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

karen_scott24 at yahoo dot com

Rebecca said...

This is a good idea...
Could you include me?
rebeccawjones@gmail.com

Jaron and Amy said...

Add us!!

jaronandamy@gmail.com

jacque said...

we'd love an invite

Becky said...

Add me! Add me! mutterdrei@gmail.com
but I think you knew that already.

Welch Mom said...

This is so sad that people can steal photos and use them for their own. It is scary! I am checking my blog patrol a lot more! I e-mailed you already about my request for us.

Natalie said...

Thanks to you and your proponance of BlogPatrol, I think I may be in the same boat...I have a few hits from Sweden (land of the creepers?) and I don't know anyone there. :) I'm really glad you introduced me to BP and I'd love to be on the list of cool, non-creepy people who get to view your blog: natalieclar@gmail.com. Thanks!

Jessy Cook said...

jessa1198@hotmail.com

can't live without my I-Z pics!!

Unknown said...

Please email me your blog invite! You have my email address!

Tori said...

I want to be added. You have my email.

Deanne said...

Count me in!

deannedraeger@gmail.com

Mellissa said...

Me too please! I have been thinking about this lately too! Good for you!
jtfraker AT hotmail DOT com.

Josh said...

josh.hauser@gmail.com

Amanda said...

bishop.amanda@gmail.com don't forget us!!

THE GANTT LIFE said...

us too, please! :) actually it's a pretty smart thing to do. i went private last year but ronnie's mom couldn't figure it all out. she still doesn't know how to post a comment. she actually got mad at us saying that we were trying to keep her grandkids from her. weird, i know. (i'll have to tell you about her another time.) :) anyway, long story short, we took it off private so she wouldn't freak out. haha

giangaco said...

Keep us in!

giangaco said...

I guess it would help if I included our email address...

giangaco@msu.edu

maryp said...

hey jeannette! I want an invite too! I love hearing (reading) your thoughts on life! cutiegirlmary@hotmail.com

Livingstons said...

We couldn't live without our daily dose of "blurfing" (surfing blogs)

jenericlivingston@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Netti,
I would love to be included!
chrissykrebs@hotmail.com

Darcee said...

Please include me! I know you have my email address.

Charlotte said...

charhancey@yahoo.com

West Family said...

Hey Jeannette, please include me on your approved list:)

jamiekris at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

count us in!
uthjazz@sbcglobal.net

Bill Leppert said...

Keep me on your fan list


billleppert21@msn.com

Mike and Ashley said...

I want to be on the invite list!! chilena59@gmail.com

megan said...

You'd better add me! :o)