Friday, July 10, 2009

FUN STUFF (at least for me!)

I've been wanting to do business cards for a LOOOONG time now, but with it being a pretty busy photo season for me, I've managed to put it on the back burner with everything else. You know...I have about 52 back burners at the moment:) I decided to not do business cards, but instead "rep cards" which are basically the same thing, but I'm able to choose more textures, AND the big thing was that I only had to order 50 instead of the usual 250-300 that they make you buy with business cards. This way, I can change up my card pretty often.

I decided to start with this look (see below.) I had to remember that the cards are only 2x3.5! I wanted to put a ton of pictures on it...but the simpler the better, right? My next project is my brochure, in which I'll add more pictures, and obviously more details. For now, I'm just SUPER excited about getting these in the mail on Monday!! Wahoo! FYI, the way I had to print it required leaving more white space at the bottom, but it will be cut and centered when I get them.

Another fun, but BIG project is learning my new Photoshop CS4 version Sean got me for my birthday. That thing is a BEAST, but SOOO much fun to have for added actions and settings. I've been doing all of my pictures thus far with Photoshop Elements 4.0, which is like....forever old! :) With a lot of research, forum questions and answers, and some added downloads, as well as asking my wonderful photog friends a few questions (thank you Kelli and Megan!) I was really proud of what I had to work with, but I'm certainly stoked about feeling a little more up to date with my CS4!
Photobucket