Sunday, November 22, 2009

Spotlight on IZ boy

(While rocking Isaac during his bedtime routine...)

"Mommy, I sad today."
"Oh bud, why were you sad?"
"Ummm, because I went upstairs at Christian's house"
"Well, why did it make you sad to go upstairs?
"Because I lost you, Mommy. I didn't see you, Mommy."

Isaac seriously has the sweetest soul. Yes, he has his moments but honestly, it takes all of a few seconds before my heart melts with what he says, and what he does. I can't believe that within a year, he's gone from simple phrases such as "go outside?" to such conversations like the one above where he can tell me how he is feeling. His prayers are so sweet and genuine, blessing everything from his blankies, ALL of his friends (yes, he names ALL of them), stop signs, green arrows, the leaves, grandma and papa, and my favorite to date was at the end of one prayer which sounded something like this:

"Dear Hvhnvhly Fahver,
Peas bless Mommy
Peas bless Daddy
and baby Eliza
keep us safe
um....
um...
(mom: "keep going Isaac, you're doing good")
um...
keep us safe (again)
GOOOOOO COUGARS!"

or how about this one:

"Dear Hvhnvly Fahver,
Pease bless Mommy
Pease bless Daddy
and baby Eliza
and Grandma
and Papa
and Christian
and Evan
and Norah
and Tyler
and Cameron
and...
silence, followed by a quiet grunt
BURP!
Upps, I burp Mommy
mom: "That's okay bud, just keep going with your prayer"
(trying to keep from going into complete hysterics)
ok, pease bless...
silence, followed by another grunt
FARRRRRRT....
Wupps, Mommy, that's no burp!"

I just love everything about him. He seriously has the best manners, saying "Bless You" to anyone who sneezes, saying Thank You, even for diaper changes, and "I Love You" in the most random moments. In fact, just the other night, I went in to kiss him goodnight (which I always do before I go to bed, careful not to wake him) and I noticed his diaper was wet. So, I did a quick diaper changed that he basically slept through, but as I was pulling his blanket back up, he rolled over and in his sleepy sweet voice, said, "Thank you Mommy for my new diaper."

I almost started to cry.

Anyway, here are some happenings of Mr. Isaac over the past few months. He was a train engineer for Halloween, and thank goodness we went to our church H-ween party and the Detroit Zoo Boo before the 31st, or else he wouldn't have celebrated much, seeing that we were in the hospital with Eliza!

Enjoy.






With a few of his playdate buddies
I brought scary gummy worm cupcakes!
Some of the other treats

Bloody fingers? Creepy!!!!!!!!!

I made this pumpkin icecream cake using a recipe from Cooking Light, and seriously, it was like a slice of heaven on earth

Before Eliza came, Isaac happened to find a baby doll we had bought him about a year ago. We thought we'd try and teach him more about his coming baby sister by using the doll as an example. It was such a great experience! He treated the baby doll so gently, and wanted to wrap the baby and help change the diaper. Once the actual Eliza baby came, I think his baby doll is back in the toy-box-that-never-gets-opened


At the Detroit Zoo Boo. I was SO physically uncomfortable at this event, but I sucked it up and had a great time because I knew Isaac would have a blast. I was SO pregnant, and feeling it...and wouldn't you know, the very next morning, I started having contractions, and later that night I was in the hospital!

While at the zoo, we came upon this little cute critter, which at first I thought was a stray gopher. No, just an EXTREMELY obese squirrel!! Holy cow!



One of my favorite Isaac pictures

Sean had one morning off during the week of Halloween, so we decided we should take advantage of it and go get our pumpkins. One of the many things I love about Michigan are all of the cider mills. YUM! We picked up some fresh, warm, cinnamon sugar doughnuts, loaded up on a tractor wagon (which we had all to ourselves!) and headed out to the pumpkin patches. It was seriously the coolest, creepiest morning. Fog?? I LOVED IT!!!


Our pumpkins

Proud Isaac

Had to do the can-I-sit-on-it test


at one point, Isaac was more interested in his doughnut
Isaac and I went to a Farm with my friend Erin, and her little boy, Liam. They got to feed all of the baby animals, which was so adorable.
At one point, Isaac was beyond upset with me (for a reason I could NOT figure out!!) I coudn't get him to stop crying, and it was starting to become quite the embarrassing scene on the wagon ride that we took at the end of our farm experience. The only thing that calmed him down was holding onto my friend Erin. So cute!

This has been such a memorable season! We hated having Sean gone for so long, but we feel like Michigan held out on its usual COLD weather so that we could enjoy the fall season just a little bit longer as a family. We are so excited to have our first Thanksgiving together as a little family, and then Christmas with my family this year in New York. Hooray!!

5 comments:

J'Amy Day said...

Little Isaac is a treasure! He is so darn cute...and the prayers are "all boy"!!

Natalie said...

What a cutie! Those prayers melted MY heart. :) He is such a handsome guy and I'm sure he is an amazing big brother. Eliza is luck to have Isaac to watch out for her.

West Family said...

Ahhh, thanks for sharing such precious moments from your past few weeks! Your baby girl is perfect, I am so glad it is going well. I can't wait to meet her:)

Jeff and Larissa said...

You guys are the cutest family ever! I want Beck to be buddies with Isaac, so we need to get together soon! I seriously want you to photograph our baby when she comes. I'll have to work something out to come up.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pictures and I LOVE the updates. You have such a beautiful family! I'm glad everything went so well. Miss you!