Let me give you an example of my luck as of late:
Define Luck:
-choosing the grocery checkout lane that strategically looks like it should move the fastest (i.e. maybe there are more people in my particular lane than others, but they are all buying 5 items, compared to aisle 5 that has 3 people with boatloads of stuff.) And getting up to the conveyer belt and hearing the cashier say, "Oh, no price tag?" to the lady in front of me. No! I was THAT close to making it before cat-sweater lady in aisle 5!!! As a result, 5 minutes is wasted calling up another clerk who then goes back to get another....you know the rest of the story.
Somedays I get lucky and the grocery lane I choose is speedy. And other days, my luck runs out.
Finding our house in Rochester this past week was through divine intervention. I swear it. We have been looking, and looking, and looking, and we just either found houses that were hardly livable, or houses that we absolutely LOVED, only to find out that an offer was made, and accepted, just hours before walked through the house. We were heartbroken with two in particular. We finally semi-settled on a house that we thought would work. We made a very reasonable bid, but through the grace of God, they countered with the most ridiculous price. Just $1,000 less than their listing price! Come on! Stingy, stingy people. And, to top it off, they didn't want to move out of their house until July 1st. That's a problem. Sean start residency on July 1st. So there we were...again...totally frustrated and spent. Everynight after the kids went to bed, we looked for hours at houses on 10 different sites. Our realtor called us about two days after this predicament, and told us that a house in Brighton was about to go on the market, but because our realtor was also the seller's realtor, he convinced Ian, the homeowner to wait and let us come in to have a look. Because it was Isaac's b-day, we sent my very willing sis, Jessy, to go take a look for us.
"You need to put a bid on this right now," she said. "It's going to sell the minute it gets listed." And we knew that finding a house in Brighton, in our price range, and not backed up to the freeway was a miracle in and of itself. Sean stayed behind with the kids in MI, and I hopped in the car Thursday morning, drove to Brighton and met our realtor at the house at 5pm (I literally pulled up at 4:55) and by 7:30 I was signing the papers. This was a blessing. It's in a wonderful community, a safe neighborhood, and it is a 5 minute drive to Sean's hospital. Better yet, the bus comes just out on the main road, which makes a stop literally at the hospital doors. If I know Sean, he's going to be ALLLLLL about taking the bus.
For now, here are a few pictures of the house!
Upon entering the house, I took one glance at the amazing table, and I knew this homeowner must be a distant-relative of mine. And the chandelier? slobber. The floor is a dark brown cork, and it looks and feels awesome. It's modern, and doesn't scratch!