Saturday, May 01, 2010

Dear Internet...

Dear Internet,

I am torn. I feel like life has been zipping by at a constant 150mph, and there is no end in site to this whirlwind I speak of. Internet, I don't like how I'm feeling pulled in 15 different directions by you. Currently, I try to post things on my facebook account, as well as our family blog, and lets not forget my extremely-neglected photography website, as well as e-mails to my family! Ah! I have about 5 sessions to update, and every time I think about drafting another blog entry, or sharing pictures on facebook, or actually putting the session on my photography website, I want to pick up my computer and....

wait, that sounds too mean.

I want to walk away from you, Internet. Especially when I feel so torn. Instead of feeling energized to GET. THINGS. DONE...I get just the opposite.

And lets not forget, Internet. As much as people want to build you up and make you seem like a human being, you're not. And when I have three amazing REAL human beings calling for my attention, I'm going to choose them every time. Except for maybe when I need to check people.com and see the latest gossip because I am THAT lame.

Something has got to give, or I just need to find a better way of managing you, dear Internet. Because right now, I'd rather eat nails than sit here and update everything on my list of things to update. Is that bad?? Help!

Sincerely,
Jeannette

3 comments:

Becky said...

Tell Mr. Internet that you'll be setting up a schedule and you'll only be able to meet with him once a week. I've been trying to do that but need to be more serious about it. I think facebook is one of my biggest wastes of time and if it were not for a few people that I couldn't stay in touch with otherwise, I'd probably close that acct. I'm just glad I don't twitter or tweet.

Unknown said...

That's why I am hardly ever on the computer. If I check facebook once a day or once a week I'll still kinda know whats going on. And if I blog once a week or every few months, people understand.

Rebecca said...

NO it's good really! I need to really do that too. We are a internet world these days but that is not a good thing really.