We stayed with family in Yakima for about 7 days, and then we wanted to head over to Seattle for 2 full days as a little family. Seattle is 2-1/2 hours away from Yakima, and we always do it in day trips. This time, we wanted to actually stay up there so we could experience a bit more. Needless to say, Seattle is one of my favorite cities. There's a totally different feel there from say, Chicago or NY. For sure! The Northwest is seriously gorgeous, and I'm so glad I got introduced to it when I met Sean. It's artsy, eco-friendly, GREEN, spectacular and flavorful...literally! Our hotel room overlooked the Puget Sound, and our room was perfect with kids in tow. They did soooo good with all of this traveling!
I always have to stop here first
some of the local produce at the market
I'll take one of each please! A local artist who was pretty incredible (despite the bizarre album name!) As you can see, Isaac and Eliza couldn't take their eyes off of him One of the hundreds of flower arrangementsOn the sculpture tour down by the sound. It was really fun, but we might plan on taking the bus next time! It was quite a long walk!
Calder sculpture
Believe it or not, this is Eliza's first time sitting on her own!
A Richard Serra sculpture. Love his stuff.
And along the way, we needed to stop about 50 billion times so Isaac could get the tiny stones out of his crocs.
The famous pig at Pikes Market
Heading down Post Alley (the BEST little known clam chowder stand is down this alley! I made us eat there 3 times!)Out to dinner that night overlooking the warf. Gosh, I love this boy.
I even love him with crumbs on his lips, because those are some delicious lips!!Another first for Eliza. {trying} to sit in the booster chair for the first time.
The infamous gum wall. I never thought it would have THIS much gum.
Getting up close
The following day, I grabbed these from the market.
And we ate these donuts from Pikes. There is a tinge of anxiety on Isaac's face here, because he was mid-donut when I asked him to hold one up so I could take a picture. He really wanted to be eating them, not showing them off. My e-baby just along for the ride This was her first time waving! I love that I got a picture of it! Lots of "firsts" on this trip! Later that evening, we literally drove up the steepest streets I've ever been on to get to the top of Queen Anne's hill to get a picture like this We also headed to the Japanese Gardens. Where we fed the fish...and another hungry little duck. Isaac LOVED the duck! For whatever reason, he was belly laughing when the duck would swoop in to take the food from the koi fish!
So many ferries come in and out of the puget Sound all the time! People live on the islands surrounding Seattle, and commute to work on the ferries like New Yorkers commute on the subway. Isaac really liked the ferry, especially when it blew its big horn! We literally just hopped off the ferry, and hopped right back on. We mainly just wanted to go out to an island (this one was Bainbridge Island), see how gorgeous it was, and to let Isaac ride the big ferry!the view of Seattle coming back
We rode the metro down to the Space Needle, and Isaac had the chance to sit up with the conductor. A little slice of Heaven for him!
Time to head back to MI! We were soooooo exhausted, but so glad we did this trip! Isaac even got to sit in the cockpit with the pilot! I thought I'd never hear the end of that!
Looks like you guys had fun! Last time we were on that ferry, Gabby was 9 months and puking her guts out. She tested positive for rotovirus when we got home..poor girl! Tell Sean congrats! Can't believe it has been long enough to complete medical school since you guys lived in Grand Blanc! Miss you!
Wow! Isaac has grown and Eliza too! Everyone is still as lovely and adorable as ever. What an awesome trip and fabulous photos. So, did you apply some of your gum to that wall or did you just partake? That duck should just be happy that those fish didn't have a particular taste for duck toes. Miss you mooooeeee!
What you'll find on our blog is a ton of pictures of Isaac and e-baby, an ocassional peek at Jeannette's left elbow and Sean's right hand. And when we're lucky enough to get a picture with the entire family, we'll be sure to post it. Until then, enjoy!
4 comments:
Mmmm. Love those donuts from Pike Place market! Seattle is so much fun!
Those Japanese garden photos are gorgeous! Miss you guys!
PS sending you a package this week!
xo
Looks like you guys had fun! Last time we were on that ferry, Gabby was 9 months and puking her guts out. She tested positive for rotovirus when we got home..poor girl! Tell Sean congrats! Can't believe it has been long enough to complete medical school since you guys lived in Grand Blanc! Miss you!
Wow! Isaac has grown and Eliza too! Everyone is still as lovely and adorable as ever. What an awesome trip and fabulous photos. So, did you apply some of your gum to that wall or did you just partake? That duck should just be happy that those fish didn't have a particular taste for duck toes. Miss you mooooeeee!
Post a Comment