Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WASHINGTON Part UNO

We were soooo excited to head to WA! What topped the cake was that both of our kids were healthy and happy the entire trip (besides the scheduled meltdowns by HE who shall not be named...but rhymes with Bisaac.) We debated whether to put Isaac in his carseat on the plane, but in the end not having enough arms to carry everything through the airport determined that it would go beneath the plane. Good decision! He was so excited to sit in his own chair and feel like a big person. And he only managed to open and close the shade 4,522 times. On each flight.
I wish I can say Eliza sat all snuggly like this with me the entire trip, but she spent more time jumping on my legs than anything else. She was adorable nonetheless. Heck, I'll take jumping on my lap the ENTIRE trip over having her cry. At least she did it with a smile on her face.
I was really proud of myself (if I must say!) for finding really cheap tickets with an excellent layover route, and time schedule. We got into WA around 6pm, and with the time change and all, we managed to keep the kids awake for about an hour at grandma Les Lee, and Papa lee's house before they both finally dropped. The following day we took Isaac and Eliza to the driving range with Sean's bro Bry in tow. Doesn't Isaac have incredible form? :) (Except he's following through on his swing, and the ball is still on the tee!) Hee Hee!



Hi Carrie! Here we all are looking at some property that Dad wanted to show us.
Old car on the property created a fun photo of the boys who came along
What was so great about this trip was that EVERY SINGLE NEAL FAMILY MEMBER was there at one given time! It was so much fun! No broken bones from wrestling, and no hard feelings for beating each other at the arcade :) I'd like to think everyone came home to help me celebrate my 30th birthday, but from what I've heard Memorial Day Weekend had something to do with it.

Out came the games including...
Nate and Sean going at it with tetherball

Things always get physical, even with grown boys. :)

It was really fun to celebrate with Sean's family for a change! And they actually stayed in key AND created harmony in the "Happy Birthday" song, unlike my family who takes pride in everyone singing in different keys and seeing how ugly it can sound. :)
This was typical Isaac the entire trip. I think I held two legit conversations with him the entire time we were there. He sooooooooo wanted nothing but his cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents! Even the pet dog, Duke got more attention from isaac than me! He was on cloud nine being with so many people. His uncles even did the courtesy of teaching Isaac how to kick and punch. Thank you, sweet brother in laws of mine! :) At one point, Isaac was playing foosball with Carrie in the basement, and I walked by and said, "Ooooh! Can I play too?" Isaac quickly retorted, "No mom, I'm playing with Carrie. You can sit on the couch." pfft! Here he is having a secret meeting with Sammy in the backyard. He wasn't happy that I barged into their meeting.

We had to hit up the arcade when everyone was home. This game is a Neal classic. I'm pretty sure we're looking at the two best players! Carrie and Bry, stop practicing so much!
I don't know, Nate looks the most believable out of all of them!

And the best duel was between Aaron and Sean (one the same team)

And Benny and Ammon, who ended up beating Sean and Aaron royally.
Saturday morning we went up to Bolder Cave. It was a beautiful hike, and Isaac made a new best friend (Uncle Aaron.) We ate at Whistling Jack on the way home. Eliza LOOOOOVED her new backpack carrier.

heading up the hike

Getting close to the cave
Heading into the cave, it was pitch black for a bit of time. Everyone carried flashlights. Isaac was ALL over that idea.

At the end of the cave, we managed to take a few photos.

Across the path was a great little stream for skipping stones

Back at the house, we got a few pictures. Here is Benny (with the adorable dimples), Ammon, Eliza, Isaac, katelyn and Benny

You can always count on the boys for cooperation with pictures. Who knows what was going on in this picture.
Once again, no clue.
Love the guns, Nate! They all have such great smiles, don't you think??
Pretty sure the two in front were getting tortured from behind.
And lastly, a family picture of us!!

No comments: