Sunday, August 08, 2010

feeling inspired...

Today after a great day with family celebrating my niece's 1st birthday, Sean and I came home to a house a little less than...shall we say, orderly. Here's another one of those "Back me up, ladies (and gents!)" comments, but seriously, there is a huuuuge sigh of relief and a bit of pure giddiness that exhales out of me when I come home to an organized, clean house.

I have a motivational schedule I keep when I'm editing pictures, or putting together orders for my clients. It goes a little like this:


-Edit "x" amount of pictures (my attention span varies from day to day, so that's why I say "x")
-Check a favorite website
-Edit "x" amount of pictures
-Check out some photo props I've been eyeballing
-Finish editing...

you get my drift... I have to stay motivated, so I "gift" myself with visits to other sites. The goal is to be finished by the end of the night so i can go to bed with nothing but static running through my head. And, on top of that goal, I really make it a goal to not get up from the computer while editing because I know the minute I do, is the minute I get distracted with a million other things. :)
Tonight was no exception to my workflow. I edited, I put together a print order, and then I browsed. I couldn't think of any particular site I wanted to visit, so I decided to go through my "favorites" category of websites and go from there. I clicked on one of my favorite sites http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ and got...inspired! I love this website because it's ideal for any type of housing situation. In our case, a smaller house! I found the most adorable makeover that I totally plan on copying once I get back from Italy (squeal!) So, for those of you that into D.I.Y. projects that are inspiring, modern, and fun, visit this site and see if you like it! I always enjoy when my friends share sites, so perhaps you like that as well! :)


And a post isn't complete without a little picture of some sort. In this case, an adorable 9-month old munchkin!


P.S. The house became orderly, and I breathed a sigh of pure joy.

3 comments:

Mike and Ashley said...

Look at those beautiful eyes!!! Sweet Precious E-baby!!! :)

Anonymous said...

She takes such great pictures. What a beauty!!! 2 beauuuuuuuutiful kids! Lovemom

Kelli said...

Hi cute girl! It's been forever but wanted to say hi! Your family is darling! Tidy, organized house? I breathed a sigh of joy with you!

Love & miss!