Me: Isaac, guess where we're going tomorrow to swim?
Isaac: Josh's house? (his little buddy)
Me: No, where do we go to go swimming with your floaties on? Where is the pool at?
Isaac: mmmm, heaven?
Me: No. (Pause) Where did you get heaven from?
Isaac: Are we going to Josh's house?
(Do you see how it is to talk to a 3 year old??)
Finally I cave in and just let him know
Me: Isaac, we're going to grandma's and papa's house!
If this first picture didn't explain Isaac, I don't know what would. He is seriously the funniest kid. And for that, and many other reasons, he deserves his own post today. I'm kind of in a state of denial lately because I'm having a hard time excepting how old he is getting. Three doesn't sound old, but if I were to have 2-year old Isaac and 3-year old Isaac standing side-by-side, there would be no comparison. He is my little bud, and although sometimes I feel the need to go talk to our chickens out back instead of Isaac (because they don't reason with EVERYTHING!) he really makes me laugh all of the time. Here are a few updates with him:
-About our move to NY: We didn't know how he would act when we brought him to our new house back in June. We gave him a little tour of our house, and then had dinner and played out back for a bit before bedtime. I didn't know how bedtime would be for the first night in our new house, but basically he was telling me goodnight by the end. He flipped over in his bed, nuzzled up to his blankets and didn't make a peep. That was easy. I'm telling you, if you know Isaac, he has his moments...yes (don't all three year olds?) But honestly, he surprises me all of the time. I thought he would have a hard time having a sister. Nope, not a drop of resentment from him, ever. I thought he would have a hard time with the move...nope, not a drop. This kid is resiliant and excepts change very very well. For that, I'm extremely grateful. He's an adapter!
-About not having friends when we moved here: For awhile, it was getting concerning and somewhat hilarious at the same time that he was chatting it up with anyone he could make eye contact with, and starting each conversation with, "Hi, I Isaac, I three years old, do you want to be friends?" We have since been blessed with great little buddies for Isaac through church, as well as through Sean's residency group. We go to playgroups, music time at the library, we see his buddies at church. He's loving it. He makes friends really easily. For that, I'm extremely grateful! :)
-He's potty trained. If I could get a "hallelujah, amen, praise be" right here, that would be great. Honestly, once again, he surprised me on this one! I knew he just wasn't ready a couple of months ago, nor did I have the time to really make it work. We were sooooo busy with traveling, Sean's graduation, people in town, you name it...it would have been a disaster if I tried to squeeze it in somewhere. So, one morning in June I just decided it was time. We threw out all of his diapers, and went cold turkey into undies. I followed a wonderful 3-day program which consists on positive reinforcement, letting him be in charge of letting me know when he needed to go, and consistency. It worked like a charm. I'm so glad I waited a bit with him because it was a breeze to potty train him. It was a big deal around here!
-He's heading to preschool in September! I'm so excited for him to head to school. He is so anxious to go to school and learn. It's twice a week for 2-1/2 hours, which is perfect. The preschool is just 5 minutes away, and I've already talked with the director about the curriculum and such. Man, it sounds like sooo much fun! The cap is 12 kids, and so I know he'll have a great relationship with the other kids and the teacher. See??? he's growing up, people!
-He LOOOOVES his sister. They are hilarious together. If there is anyone that can make Eliza belly laugh, it's Isaac. They do baths together and just get rolling with laughter. He is a huge helper, and when he's feeling really nice, he shares his trains. The ugly trains. Not his nice ones :)
2 comments:
Love the Isaac update- he is growing up so fast! Liam is being "terribly two" lately- I'm surprised people invite us anywhere, honestly. Ahh..this too shall pass! It's nice seeing that three is better than two! And I love the imagination of the space helmet and rocket ship! :) Miss you guys!
So sweet! Issac is going to LOVE preschool...maybe even as much as you do!!!! Just wait until kindergarten- it is awesome!!!!
I love hearing about your chickens!
Post a Comment